• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please advise on DAC/AMP for Audioengine A2+ Wireless speakers

tichtac1990

I'm using Audioengine A2+ Wireless speakers
Please advise on DAC/AMP for Audioengine A2+ Wireless speakers.
budget under $250

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It has an amp and DAC… why do you need another?

kongkong

I don't believe analogue input of budget active speaker. Do not waste your money... It contains amp and dac already...

OP
T

tichtac1990

Because when watching movies, I can hardly hear the characters talking to each other. I am connecting using the 3.5 input port to the 3.5 port on my laptop.
I see that my laptop can decode 24 bit music so I use the 3.5 input port. So which port should I change the port to connect to my laptop? ( Laptop Lenovo Legion Y7000P GTX 1060 6GB )

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Why not connect over USB?

What do you mean by “I can hardly hear the characters talking to each other”? Is it not loud enough? Something else? Is it with all movies? What about with music?

Probably another DAC or amplifier will not change anything.

OP
T

tichtac1990

When the characters talked I couldn't hear them clearly because it would be so exaggerated that I couldn't hear them clearly if I wasn't paying attention. So should I switch to a USB connection?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So should I switch to a USB connection?
It’s worth a try… also, it may just be some setting in your movie player. If the original source is surround there may be some options to influence the downmixing, including dialog optimization. Check that out. As asked before: is this the same with music? Are the vocals in music also hard to follow?

Last edited:
OP
T

tichtac1990

It’s worth a try… also, it may just be some setting in your movie player. If the original source is surround there may be some options to influence the downmixing, including dialog optimization. Check that out. As asked before: is this the same with music? Are the vocals in music also hard to follow?
I tried connecting using the USB port. As a result, you can hear more clearly and listen to music more clearly on foobar2000. I don't understand why the built-in DAC on a computer that can decode 24bit music doesn't sound as good as the built-in 16bit decoding DAC on the audioengine a2+ speakers.

Top Bottom