• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audioengine A2+ connection problem

Polypeptides

Hi all,

Not very knowledgeable on audio technology but would greatly appreciate some advice. I have a set of Audioengine A2+. Unfortunately lost the audio cable during the chaos of my recent house move and have been looking for a replacement. Bought a standard AUX cable from a tech store thinking it would work, it did not... Connected in a standard manner to my PC - line output from PC motherboard to input on the speakers. Could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong? Have I simply purchased the wrong cable? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you kindly!

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @Polypeptides! Welcome to ASR.

The Audioengine A2+ almost certainly uses a standard Aux jack and Aux cable:
Untitled-design-12.jpeg A2plus_wireless-whats_in_the_box.jpeg

Here are some reasons I could think of why it does not work for you:
  • the cable is defective
  • you have not set your PC's Line out as the active audio output
  • you have not set your A2+ input to Aux

Blevee

Interesting - the similar Kanto YU2 comes with a 4 pole 3.5mm aux cable, not a 3 pole as shown in the image for the A2+. But I don't think that is the issue.

I suspect that if the OP's monitor is connected via HDMI, the PC may be trying to send audio via HDMI to speakers it assumes are in the monitor. You have to go into sound properties and manually set the Output device to something other than HDMI (HDMI might show as the name of your monitor).

Sometimes this gets reset when you disconnect and reconnect a monitor using the HDMI port as would happen when you move to a new home.

Top Bottom