• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Phil's Lab

MCH

Major Contributor
Whenever I do a youtube search around “microcontrollers” “i2s” “dsp” I often land on one of Phil’s Lab videos.

The guy explain projects a few levels above my knowledge but I still find them interesting. On top of that, he seems to have videos and online courses (paid for) on circuit layout etc related to digital audio, he also covers the analog side though. He also has a website:

https://www.phils-lab.net/

A couple of searches in ASR gave not one single mention, what I find surprising having over 100k subscribers. I think his approach is quite interesting, though probably not a 100% match with what is often discussed here, almost always on the analogue side of things when it comes to electronics (what I also find surprising, btw).

I am not knowledgeable enough to say his projects and courses are nonsense or must see for audio tinkerers, so I would like to hear your opinions.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
'DSP' appears 9 times, and 'audio' 10 times, in 70 or so video titles and descriptions.

Other videos discuss IIR, filters, etc.

So yeah it's certainly not all about audio, but at least some of it seems interesting enough.

Thank you for the tip!

Reactions: MCH

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have not run into him before. Looking quickly I don't see much that is audio related. That may be the reason it is not mentioned here.

He does mention 'pro audio' in the services section of his website...

My areas of expertise are high-speed, mixed-signal electronics, for industrial drones and pro audio. For further details, please see the sections below.

I noticed this in the gallery of designs...

1687940429997.png

OP
M

MCH

Major Contributor
He does mention 'pro audio' in the services section of his website...

I noticed this in the gallery of designs...

View attachment 295343
Yes, this one is a studio DSP box that he describes in detail in one of his videos. He also made a miniature version to put inside a guitar pedal.

Top Bottom