• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Perlisten Owners' Lounge - Discuss all things Perlisten.

Hi again, thanks for your responses, I live down under so I maybe a bit limited in what I can buy here but worst case I will just have to buy OS and pay freight and customs etc.
I guess the reason for my question was I have seen people running their Perlistens with the 1ET7040SA modules and I couldn't understand why they would need so much more power when the 400 series looks like it should be plenty.
I am conscious of somebody doing something stupid with volume control hence why I was heading towards the 400 which would probably still destroy the speakers at full blast, these are my end game speakers and are bloody expensive here so whilst I don't want to skimp on amps I don't want to go nuts either for no gain - 400 series looks like what I'll grab
Cheers peeps
Al
Alan March sells high quality Class D amps in Australia=March Audio.

Hi again, thanks for your responses, I live down under so I maybe a bit limited in what I can buy here but worst case I will just have to buy OS and pay freight and customs etc.
I guess the reason for my question was I have seen people running their Perlistens with the 1ET7040SA modules and I couldn't understand why they would need so much more power when the 400 series looks like it should be plenty.
I am conscious of somebody doing something stupid with volume control hence why I was heading towards the 400 which would probably still destroy the speakers at full blast, these are my end game speakers and are bloody expensive here so whilst I don't want to skimp on amps I don't want to go nuts either for no gain - 400 series looks like what I'll grab
Cheers peeps
Al
I understand, that's a long ways from the U.S. I know Perlistens are a big investment so definitely go with a good AMP. I like the distortion numbers but what kind of control would you get out of an AMP like that. Perhaps better than I think. It might be ok.

Perlisten subs are very luxurious, I haven't came across much third party measurements for them but I can't imagine it being bad. But I do think cost of entry is very high. I pair my Perlisten with the much more affordable SVS.
Audioholics have done numerous reviews with measurements of their subs. They measure at state of the art levels

Audioholics have done numerous reviews with measurements of their subs. They measure at state of the art levels
I a huge fan of both Perlistens and SVS. The internal components on the Perlistens are very high quality compared to even the higher end brands.

Or you could keep you S5Ms and use them as unsurpassed surrounds If you buy the S7Ts. Hardly anyone would have that outstanding combination.
I would blend in a little bass from the Perlistens, I think they probably do better in enhancing the mixture between the subs unless you're running top of the line subs. I have 3 subs and the Autophase function with the Anthem does an excellent job blending them into my system. I add a little bass back from my mains.

Back
Top Bottom