• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PC Help - AMD Ryzen 5600G

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't think to try a different monitor, but I did try the monitor with both a HDMI and a DP cable. :confused:

All I can say is, who would have thought that building an integrated curcuit onto a silicon wafer with over 10,000,000 7nm transistors would be so difficult. :D

I think I tried both HDMI and DVI on the 23" (no DP), but it worked fine with HDMI on my 34". Both monitors are manufactured by 'Philips' (actually Top Victory Electronics)

OP
Count Arthur

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
I had/have a similar issue in that it (Yes, a Intel.) won't boot without the video card in the slot. Maybe this helps or at best gives you ideas or leads you somewhere useful.
That all sounds like a massive PITA.

In any case, my problem CPU is now on its way back to Amazon and I've orderd a low spec GPU to use with a Ryzen 3700X I have:

1695925748370.png

In some ways this might be a better option, as should I have any issues with the GPU in my main system, I'll be able to drop this in until I get it sorted.

The idea was that this whole PC would be a spare system, should I have problems with the main one, so I can still work, while I get things fixed.

JLGF1

On my latest (current) Ryzen5 system I had to update the MSI BIOS before I installed the CPU.

Sombreuil

On my latest (current) Ryzen5 system I had to update the MSI BIOS before I installed the CPU.
That's how it's supposed to be done yeah. Always update the BIOS before installing the CPU.

JLGF1

That's how it's supposed to be done yeah. Always update the BIOS before installing the CPU.
Time used to be that this was a somewhat tricky chicken-n-egg issue (ie pre-boot). Perhaps the tools to do this now are routine.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Count Arthur , yeah, don't bother replying to my post/suggestion and/or trying what I suggested:
[sarcasm]

EDIT: a few relevant BIOS configuration options from user manuals of a couple of Gigabyte B550 motherboards for instance:
Integrated Graphics a.jpg Integrated Graphics.jpg
flipped on the IGD option (& integrated graphics options) within your BIOS and good chance you would have solved your problem.

Last edited:

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Time used to be that this was a somewhat tricky chicken-n-egg issue (ie pre-boot). Perhaps the tools to do this now are routine.

I don't think upgrading the BIOS on an unpopulated motherboard is routine, it was certainly new to me. I know that some Gigabyte boards have the Q Flash Plus feature that I used and that some MSI boards have a similar feature. I don't know which other manufacturers support the same approach. That said, I tend to build myself a new PC every 5 years or so, and I don't bother too much with keeping up with the latest consumer technology in between builds (my day job involves filling data centres with much more expensive enterprise kit :)).

OP
Count Arthur

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
@Count Arthur , yeah, don't bother replying to my post/suggestion and/or trying what I suggested:
[sarcasm]

EDIT: a few relevant BIOS configuration options from user manuals of a couple of Gigabyte B550 motherboards for instance:
View attachment 315408 View attachment 315409
flipped on the IGD option (& integrated graphics options) within your BIOS and good chance you would have solved your problem.
I did try that setting on my Ggabyte board, all to no avail.

I think I gave a fair shot; it shouldn't be that difficult and I've never had this much trouble getting builds up and running before.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I did try that setting on my Ggabyte board, all to no avail.

I think I gave a fair shot; it shouldn't be that difficult and I've never had this much trouble getting builds up and running before.
Bloody strange! Well it looks like you did everything you could.

Top Bottom