• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Parts for Salon 2s?

BossBunos

So my mail got forwarded to Harman luxury audio parts. After a couple of days I received a reply that the woofer was in stock. Part number N354135-001. I was quite surprised.... Apparently the part number caused the confusion. According to the importer the part number in the documentation for the salon2 is N354136-001 which they tried to order but was not in stock anymore. Long story short the woofer is still in stock and my salons should be ready in a week or so. Really looking forward to get them back. Listening for over a month now to a pair of elac dbr62 with an arendal 1723 1S sub. Not bad but the longer I listen to them the more I want the salons back. Better clarity, bigger soundstage and better bass. I really put in a lot of effort to integrate the sub with the bookshelves but it's just not the same...

rogu3

So my mail got forwarded to Harman luxury audio parts. After a couple of days I received a reply that the woofer was in stock. Part number N354135-001. I was quite surprised.... Apparently the part number caused the confusion. According to the importer the part number in the documentation for the salon2 is N354136-001 which they tried to order but was not in stock anymore. Long story short the woofer is still in stock and my salons should be ready in a week or so. Really looking forward to get them back. Listening for over a month now to a pair of elac dbr62 with an arendal 1723 1S sub. Not bad but the longer I listen to them the more I want the salons back. Better clarity, bigger soundstage and better bass. I really put in a lot of effort to integrate the sub with the bookshelves but it's just not the same...

Great news! Glad you'll have your Salon's back in action soon. I know the pain of waiting for parts/support, and it's not a fun experience.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, that is really great news!
Moving forward I suggest you treat your speakers as though they are made of unobtanium... I wouldn't expect the same result in a few years.

Lsc

How much was the woofer? I may buy some spare parts just in case. Maybe 2 woofers, 1 mid-bass, 1 midrange and 1 tweeter. And a 5 inch midrange for the voice2.

Well - if they are available. Emailing them now.

BossBunos

How much was the woofer? I may buy some spare parts just in case. Maybe 2 woofers, 1 mid-bass, 1 midrange and 1 tweeter. And a 5 inch midrange for the voice2.

Well - if they are available. Emailing them now.
385eu including 21% tax

steve59

Major Contributor
I wanted to share my experience with Revel, but since I owned the salon/2 Samsung has bought the HK conglomerate and IDK if it would apply. I will say any time I'm interested in a used speaker I research and consider the availability of replacements to my offer. I'd also like to share my 250/425 wpc int would go into thermal overload protection trying to drive my salon 2 to friday night volumes. End game? depends on your priorities.

I have found B&W to be as bad as anyone. Frequent model changes and poor parts availability for even their top of line models. My local dealer seemed shocked that I thought they should support something for more than 5 years. I'm a cranky old man, and I don't have much use for expensive throw away consumer products. A $200 DAC fine, a four or five figure pair of speakers not so much. Part of the long term support issue might be ownership changes and migration of production to the other side of the world, but at the end of the day I don't care what their story is if they don't perform.

All of which leaves us with a problem: the little audio companies regularly fail, so no support. And in the modern world, larger companies don't want to warehouse parts long term which may never sell and certainly don't want that expense to harm this quarter's earnings. All of which should temper your desire for "end game" speakers.
I have the opposite experience with Bowers & Wilkins (in Portugal/Spain/UK).

Not only they are very fast replying to my emails, as I was always able to buy spares for discontinued models.

I recently bought a tweeter for my 805N within days (even though the speakers are 20 years old)

Last edited:

Avp1

I have the opposite experience with Bowers & Wilkins (in Portugal/Spain/UK).

Not only they are very fast replying to my emails, as I was always able to buy spares for discontinued models.

I recently bought a tweeter for my 805N within days (even though the speakers is 20 years old)
B&W had good long term support with few exceptions. There was a hiccup though when parts delivery was outsourced to Encompass. Obviously their 8xx models have better support than others, but this is expected.

Lsc

I wanted to share my experience with Revel, but since I owned the salon/2 Samsung has bought the HK conglomerate and IDK if it would apply. I will say any time I'm interested in a used speaker I research and consider the availability of replacements to my offer. I'd also like to share my 250/425 wpc int would go into thermal overload protection trying to drive my salon 2 to friday night volumes. End game? depends on your priorities.
I’ve had a similar experience but not as bad with the ATI4000 that wasn’t enough to power the salons adequately. The ATI6000 is doing a much better job. Neither went into thermal protection mode but the red light did light up on occasion with the ATI4000. This is with and without subs which was a little odd.

I do think the salons should have more power but I’m not sure if it’ll sound any better or different since the ATI6000 runs in its operating range, there are no issue.

Top Bottom