A

Latest activity Postings About

• A
      Avp1 replied to the thread ATC speakers / Monitors.
      This one is likely most close to ATC...
    • A
      B&O did great work in similar design with DSP to control each driver. They were (or is) their real high-end speakers. MBL sound...
    • A
      Tape transfers to high-res digital are now available for these records. They could be from from pre-mastering stage without vinyl...
    • A
      Avp1 replied to the thread Strange noise from midrange.
      I cannot imagine what kind if failure in amplifier can cause this.
    • A
      Now it is time to upgrade tweeters to latest generation.
    • A
      In my case I used speakers at 9 to 13 feet range in somewhat treated rooms. This could be different. I would never put speakers at 80cm...
    • A
      Objective measurements were better with full range correction, but they did not sound right subjectively. Something was unnatural in...
    • A
      I have experience working with Audyssey and Dirac DSP programs. In both cases (various speakers) they subjectively sounded worse when I...
    • A
      I just heard an album using ATC SCM100 where there was too much upper base and some sibilants present. Three notches down for bass and...
    • A
      There were multiple measurements posted on this thread for big ATC speakers made by third party reviewers, which show what you are...
    • A
      Avp1 replied to the thread Strange noise from midrange.
      I would say that drivers are defective. Since your speakers are out of warranty, you will likely have to buy new drivers. It is very...
    • A
      Price is definitely good. But your amplifier is not up to the task to drive them. Try something like Bryston or McIntosh, these are two...
    • A
      Avp1 replied to the thread Extreme Snake Oil.
      You are wrong. Audiophile gear market is where "feel good" items are sold. Path is what matters, not final destination (which often does...
    • A
      From technical side, making a cable that changes sound during first few hundred hours is a good exercise. If that helps to increase...
    • A
      You are right on both topics. But price of components should match. Those who buys $200K speakers do not mind to spend $20K on wires. If...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom