• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Old Formula 1 video. Nearly an hour long so only watch if you are interested in fairly historic F1. May be spoiled for some by me being in it

Katji

Major Contributor
@Frank Dernie :) The video's gone but I checked the Garrard post, so I guess it was the 70s. My first thought, when I saw this come up, was Grand Prix the film, 1960s.

OP
Frank Dernie

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Frank Dernie :) The video's gone but I checked the Garrard post, so I guess it was the 70s. My first thought, when I saw this come up, was Grand Prix the film, 1960s.

The Horizon programme on the BBC did 2 programmes I was in late 70s then mid 80s.
I am still friends with the producer 40+ years later. Horizon did some amazing documentaries but budget cuts means the BBC is much more limited nowadays, though still my go-to for unbiased news (both right wing and left wing accuse it of bias so it must be pretty neutral!)

@Frank Dernie thank so much for the insight and the FW08 and Keke was one of my all time faves. Mansells time at Williams too, he would come over to the marshalls camp to say hello at the British GP. Have a soft spot on Toleman and its successors as I worked for the group (sadly not the team ). I had the pleasure of putting a fire out on the late De Cesaris Brabham in practice once at Becketts

OP
Frank Dernie

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Frank Dernie thank so much for the insight and the FW08 and Keke was one of my all time faves. Mansells time at Williams too, he would come over to the marshalls camp to say hello at the British GP. Have a soft spot on Toleman and its successors as I worked for the group (sadly not the team ). I had the pleasure of putting a fire out on the late De Cesaris Brabham in practice once at Becketts
It is thanks to expert guys like you that motor sport can exist safely so thumbs up from me!

Top Bottom