• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nord Integrated just went "wide open"

D

Deleted member 48726

I still have a bit of PTSD from a similar experience with 5x500wpc speakers in nearfield when I hit the wrong button and a white noise test signal hit me full blast.

Hard to describe. No interest in a repeat. I'm much more cautious about digital connections with no analog attenuation in line.

Glad you don't seem to have any damage, but that's no joke.
Yeah, it scares the bejesus out of me when thinking if that happened with my Kappas and 2x950 W.. Deaf and something on fire for sure.

audio_tony

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This reminds me of a funny story if I may...

Some years ago (80's) I built a preamp. At the time, the CD player I had was equipped with a remote controlled volume, so I created a direct input for the CD player.

I later sold the preamp to a guy who had an electronics shop and sold some very powerful amps and speakers.

Some weeks later I called in, and he wasn't happy... They had connected it all up and played a CD which obviously came out at full volume.

He was never the same after that lol...

OP
D

David_R

Another one here too..

Silly teenagers again. Didn't have much of a clue about hifi, well some of us a little more maybe. We were in the audio section of a John Lewis Store. Listening to a mix of seperates. I remember it quite well, my friend (another friend this time) had switched to a small form factor Teac amp. Think it was the reference 500 connected to some elliptical mordaunt shorts and before he switched to the amp he thought I better turn the amp down. I dont know what possessed him to turn full clockwise but to his defence it did say 0. :D That was the last time the kind staff member let us in there to play our cd's.. :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 48726

Another one here too..

Silly teenagers again. Didn't have much of a clue about hifi, well some of us a little more maybe. We were in the audio section of a John Lewis Store. Listening to a mix of seperates. I remember it quite well, my friend (another friend this time) had switched to a small form factor Teac amp. Think it was the reference 500 connected to some elliptical mordaunt shorts and before he switched to the amp he thought I better turn the amp down. I dont know what possessed him to turn full clockwise but to his defence it did say 0. :D That was the last time the kind staff member let us in there to play our cd's.. :facepalm:
I think most boys have tried something similar. It's intuition to turn the knob if you can't hear anything. Then you realise it was a long silence on the track or that you had the input on somethibg wrong..

Top Bottom