• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Those are not eARC compatible though. You have to put the signal through them and then to your TV and that will probably mess up a bunch of stuff such as Dolby Vision etc.
yea, it would need to be somehting like this.

formdissolve

Forum Donor
Those are not eARC compatible though. You have to put the signal through them and then to your TV and that will probably mess up a bunch of stuff such as Dolby Vision etc.

Expensive, but this will accept eARC and can output a 2 channel PCM signal over optical. Supports HDR, Dolby Vision, etc. They also make an 8k one with VRR 120hz support.

-Matt-

Hmm, that sucks.

Maybe you could use one of this type of device:
https://amzn.eu/d/1FVzaZp
...to get the eARC signal from the TV,
convert it to a normal HDMI output -
then send this to any of those extractors.

Sounds fairly Frankenstein to me!:)

IMHO if you are trying to get sound from a tv, the correct tool for the job is an AVR; but each to their own.

Obizzz

Hmm, that sucks.

IMHO if you are trying to get sound from a tv, the correct tool for the job is an AVR; but each to their own.
Well in my case it’s already solved since I simply installed the custom firmware in my JDS Atom DAC.

Most AVR:s seem to be overkill for 2-channel needs and they come in massive ugly boxes.

Last edited:

DLS79

Forum Donor
Hmm, that sucks.

That's still the type you put before the tv. You can tell because it only has hdmi in and out. Another tip off is the marketing explaining what video resolution it can handle (as it has to pass the video to the tv)

what you would want is something like this. it has eARC/ARC in and optical and coaxial out.

If the tv manufactures all had decent optical out, or dacs had eARC/ARC in, you might not even need an AVR with a modern smart tv.

you would feed your cable box, cd/blu-ray player, game console etc into the tv and the tv would out put just the audio stream via optical or eARC/ARC to your dac. Your other digital devises would feed into the dac. whatever is down stream of the dac is up to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom