• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connecting Stereo Speakers to an LG G1?

blackiridium

Hi everyone, so I have a pair of speakers and an LG G1 TV. No other components at this point and need to design a system to get audio to my two speakers. What's the best way that I can get the audio out of the TV and into the speakers? I'm assuming I'll have to purchase a DAC and of course an amplifier. For the DAC, are there models that are recommended? Should I do eArc out of the TV or toslink?

TIA!

staticV3

Master Contributor
For separate components, I would do SMSL PS100 with a Fosi V3/ZA3 or Aiyima A07/A07 Max.

For an All-in-One solution, I would use a WiiM Amp.

And between these, I'd definitely choose the WiiM Amp.

Not only can you stream to it via WiFi, but it also has proper bass management for expanding the setup to 2.1
And the cherry on top: a 10-band Parametric Equalizer for room correction.

OP
B

blackiridium

For separate components, I would do SMSL PS100 with a Fosi V3/ZA3 or Aiyima A07/A07 Max.

For an All-in-One solution, I would use a WiiM Amp.

And between these, I'd definitely choose the WiiM Amp.

Not only can you stream to it via WiFi, but it also has proper bass management for expanding the setup to 2.1
And the cherry on top: a 10-band Parametric Equalizer for room correction.
Oh thanks for that.
In the future I was thinking of maybe potentially adding a sub.
So no advantage in doing separated?

OP
B

blackiridium

Can I ask you this, I currently have a very high-quality center channel speaker. Can I use this set up to output sound into a single speaker?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Can I ask you this, I currently have a very high-quality center channel speaker. Can I use this set up to output sound into a single speaker?
You can use the WiiM Amp to output sound to a single speaker, but it does not downmix to Mono afaik.

You'd have to choose whether to play the Left or the Right channel on your Center speaker.

The WiiM Amp is firmly designed for 2.0 and 2.1 setups.

Edit:
Nevermind. The WiiM Amp can be set to Dual Mono output, whereas both L and R outputs will play a downmixed mono signal.
You can simply leave one output disconnected and plug your center into the other.

OP
B

blackiridium

I've been looking at the Bluesound node instead. It seems to be able to accept eARC and also has 2.1 out. Does this work with LG TVs? I'll be mostly likely combining this with a DIY Nilai amp preamp.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I've been looking at the Bluesound node instead. It seems to be able to accept eARC and also has 2.1 out. Does this work with LG TVs? I'll be mostly likely combining this with a DIY Nilai amp preamp.
I'd wait for the upcoming WiiM Ultra.

It'll likely have ARC, XLR Line out, Sub out, a way better DAC, all for a lower price.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The Wiim amp can accept hdmi arc, and has an actual crossover for 2.1 (the Node only appears to have a pre-out for a sub).

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
The Wiim can accept hdmi arc, and has an actual crossover for 2.1 (the Node only appears to have a pre-out for a sub).
Sounds like OP wants more output power than what the WiiM Amp can muster.

Hence, waiting for the WiiM Ultra seems like the sensible thing to do.

Pair it with an Amp of your choosing and you have the ideal 2.1 TV setup.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why the separates particularly? What is this center speaker particularly? What would be future speakers if any?

OP
B

blackiridium

The center is an Ariel acoustics Cc-3
I’d really like to use a Nilai amp
The other two speakers are going to be Kef R3 Metas

staticV3

Master Contributor
The center is an Ariel acoustics Cc-3
I’d really like to use a Nilai amp
The other two speakers are going to be Kef R3 Metas
Hm I'm confused.

How would you incorporate the center channel into your system?
Afaik, 3.1 is a rather unusual setup that neither the WiiM, nor the Bluesound supports.

OP
B

blackiridium

Hm I'm confused.

How would you incorporate the center channel into your system?
Afaik, 3.1 is a rather unusual setup that neither the WiiM, nor the Bluesound supports.
I don’t have the Kefs quite yet. I was intending to use the cc-e temporarily. The final system is going to be 2.1

ChenHui

我还没有凯夫。我本来打算暂时使用cc-e。最终的系统将是2.1
对于2.1系统,SMSL最近发布了新的A50PRO,售价90美元,这是一个显着的优势。它可以通过光纤和 ARC 连接到您的电视。

Top Bottom