• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cumulative cases in some key counties, as of this morning. No change in the rate of testing, by the way.
1590077661093.png

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok folks, there is too much information here now.

Let's say I've been in a coma since February. What's the current situation with the virus, and what actions do I take? Is it ok to go outside and go to my friend's dinner party? Should I go to Home Depot and buy some N95 masks for protection? Should I go buy some pills? What kinds?

Can I get a nice short summary of what's going on and what I should do? Thanks, all.
Where do you live? How old are you/your house-mates?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Let's say I've been in a coma since February. What's the current situation with the virus, and what actions do I take? Is it ok to go outside and go to my friend's dinner party? Should I go to Home Depot and buy some N95 masks for protection? Should I go buy some pills? What kinds?

Can I get a nice short summary of what's going on and what I should do? Thanks, all.

The virus is rampant globally, so a reasonable and prudent person should presume community spread and take appropriate precautions: go out as little as possible, wash your hands more than you think you should, when you do go out maintain social distance and wear a (cloth, because that's all you'll be able to find) mask. Wash your hands.

Find an N95 at Home Depot today? Hahahahahahaha!

Pills. There's no known prophylactic for the virus, but plenty of scammers (think audio cable monkeys, but more sinister because they're toying with your health rather than just your disposable income) want you to buy their shit. DO see if you can get extended refills on any current prescriptions extended so you can minimize your need to go out.

maty

Major Contributor

[ Technical Report February 10 "The route of transmission between humans is considered similar to that described for other coronaviruses through the secretions of infected people": February 26, 10 cases and 0 deaths, March 3, 198 cases and 1 death ]

March 03 vs May 19

Cases by millions inhabitants

[ 1 / List of countries that currently have the highest number of CoVID cases comparing their evolution on March 3 and May 19 - Ratio per million inhabitants: March 3 Spain had 4.2 cases per million (third), day May 18 Spain has 5,978.8 per million (first) ]

covid-19-positives-marzo03-mayo19.jpg

Deaths by millions inhabitants

[ 2 / List of countries that currently have the highest number of deaths due to CoVID comparing their evolution on March 3 and May 19 - Ratio per million inhabitants: March 3 Spain had 0.02 deaths per million (5th), day 18 May Spain has 596.5 per million (2nd) ]

covid-19-deaths-marzo03-mayo19.jpg

State of Alarm (Spain): March 14

Last edited:

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

1. Indoors or outdoors, stay at least 6 feet away from people you don't live with (though if people you live have tested positive or are showing symptoms, stay away from them too) .

2. Wear a mask around other people.

3. Get outdoors, get some sun, every day if you can (while abiding by #1 and #2)

4. Get tested (for the virus, and for antibodies), if you can.

That's it. There are no pills, no vaccines or prophylactic medicines to treat this yet.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Let's say I've been in a coma since February. Can I get a nice short summary of what's going on and what I should do? Thanks, all.

Well, as of today, 0.0648% of the world's inhabitants have been reported infected, and 0.0197% have reportedly died from the Wuhan Virus which we have officially named Covid-19 so the people who have appointed themselves to look after other people's feelings won't be outraged.

Then we shut everything down a couple of months ago, if you can believe that!

Go back to sleep.

Last edited:

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
[QUOTE="LeftCoastTim, post: 406672, member: 7287"Let's say I've been in a coma since February. Can I get a nice short summary of what's going on and what I should do? Thanks, all.

Well, as of today, 0.0648% of the world's inhabitants have been reported infected, and 0.0197% have reportedly died from the Wuhan Virus which we have officially named Covid-19 so the people who have appointed themselves to look after other people's feelings won't be outraged.

We shut everything down a couple of months ago, if you can believe that!

Go back to sleep.[/QUOTE]
:D Nice one! BTW, do you have any data about what ever happened in The Villages over there? There was all this apoplexy about the catastrophe that was sure to unfold there, but I never heard much about what actually happened.

maty

Major Contributor
Just 7.3% of Stockholm had Covid-19 antibodies by end of April, study shows
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...dies-by-end-of-april-study-sweden-coronavirus

[ However, the public health agency had previously said it expected about 25% to have been infected by 1 May and Tom Britton, a maths professor who helped develop its forecasting model, said the figure from the study was surprising.

“It means either the calculations made by the agency and myself are quite wrong, which is possible, but if that’s the case it’s surprising they are so wrong,” he told the newspaper Dagens Nyheter. “Or more people have been infected than developed antibodies.” .. ]

[ According to the scientific online publication Ourworldindata.com, Covid-19 deaths in Sweden were the highest in Europe per capita in a rolling seven-day average between 12 and 19 May. The country’s 6.25 deaths per million inhabitants a day was just above the UK’s 5.75... ]

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Then we shut everything down a couple of months ago, if you can believe that!

Go back to sleep.

If I have only a penny...and I find another penny...I'm *100%* wealthier!

Also, the galaxy is huge; if everyone on earth died....so?

Has it occurred to you that perhaps your percentages (which still reflect millions of actual lives...because, you know, *so many humans*) are low *because* of the measures put in place?

The virus's official name, btw , is "Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS CoV-2)". Renamed on Feb 11 by the ICTV ( International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses, a well-known hotbed of 'woke' leftism) from the WHO's initial recommendation of "2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCov )" ...which itself was as per its 2015 guidance against using geographical locations, animal species, or groups of people in disease and virus names.

Oh the infamy.

How dare they.

We should do it like we did in 1918.

Last edited:

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not heard anything at all, being more focused on the Global News Storm...

Let's see:

https://www.villages-news.com/2020/...vid-19-cases-in-the-villages-and-five-cities/

Rebuttal

https://www.villages-news.com

It's terrible that people would have to read all the way to the second sentence to see that the headline, while admittedly true, does not capture the full 6/7ths purer hygiene of The Villages. The question is why? Why did the Villages-News commit this dastardly sleight of hand? Mainstream media (i.e., not Fox) hysteria mongering must be the answer.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
:D Nice one! BTW, do you have any data about what ever happened in The Villages over there? There was all this apoplexy about the catastrophe that was sure to unfold there, but I never heard much about what actually happened.

To most of us, this is still the first Act of the virus. Best to check back in on The Villages during the Act III or IV and see how they have fared.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It's terrible that people would have to read all the way to the second sentence to see that the headline, while admittedly true, does not capture the full 6/7ths purer hygiene of The Villages. The question is why? Why did the Villages-News commit this dastardly sleight of hand? Mainstream media (i.e., not Fox) hysteria mongering must be the answer.

Did I miss something?

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
To most of us, this is still the first Act of the virus. Best to check back in on The Villages during the Act III or IV and see how they have fared.
Well, it seems to me that IF there is a second, third, or fourth act, that the Villages residents will probably, overall, have acquired more antibodies, during each successive act, than they had during the first act. No? But I do agree, it will be best to check back in on this.

LeftCoastTim

Forum Donor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom