• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

DHT 845

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Basis Audio A.J. Conti Transcendence Turntable and SuperArm 12.5 Tonearm

1705179247385.png

Newman

Major Contributor
That is one thing I've never even thought of....counting the dots on my Technics!
Some people miss out on all the good things in life…

Newman

Major Contributor
Funny that so many expensive turntables use round section belts which are admittedly cheap and easy but poor engineering practice.
Bling is clearly what they are mainly there for.
What cross section and material would you select, if you were starting from scratch?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Damn turntables just sold a couple to make some space but find myself irresistibly drawn back to my all time favourite Sony PS-X9,
IMG_3405.jpeg

Keith

DHT 845

Goldmund Reference II

1706692319567.png

DHT 845

Opera Audio Air-1 Turntable with linear tangential tonearm LT-1S

1706818160764.png

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@DHT845 you own these? I always took this thread to mean your own tt's at least....

Golf

I wonder if a wireless version (up to a certain extent) could be possible.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder if a wireless version (up to a certain extent) could be possible.
Wouldn't that freak out the purists to an extent? I remember when Sony released a BT version of a tt, that got a few complaints accordingly. Using wifi should be possible but then you've got dacs and other stuff the purists would eschew....

IPunchCholla

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@DHT845 you own these? I always took this thread to mean your own tt's at least....
I didn’t take it that way, though I posted my own. It just says post a pic of a turntable you think looks good. And then goes on to say you can also share info about general vinyl related memories if you want.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn’t take it that way, though I posted my own. It just says post a pic of a turntable you think looks good. And then goes on to say you can also share info about general vinyl related memories if you want.
Just the way I took it now that I reread the OP. Still, posting pictures of other peoples' tts seems a waste, one can always just look at one of the mags glorifying such....

Golf

Wouldn't that freak out the purists to an extent? I remember when Sony released a BT version of a tt, that got a few complaints accordingly. Using wifi should be possible but then you've got dacs and other stuff the purists would eschew....

The idea is, wireless insofar as to »unbind« the tone arm.

Last edited:

Prana Ferox

To do wireless from a turntable you would have to go through -some- sort of preamp, which means any capacitance or other cartridge matching would have to be done there. Realistically you'd do RIAA EQ there as well. When most people think 'wireless' they also mean 'digital' so you'd have to do an A/D conversion, and ideally you'd do the RIAA EQ in the digital domain as well, where it should be easier to get perfect. If by 'digital wireless' you mean 'Bluetooth' then you need to encode it as well for transmission. A/D conversion and lossy encoding are of course audiophile anathema.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Like it or not this is a cool looking turntable.

Here is one in the flesh, I took the pictures at Ascot show:

1706825956526.jpeg

1706825970594.jpeg

Top Bottom