• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Reloads? Cut your own vinyl, too ?:)

View attachment 190331
Now that's a KOOL table!
I Remember the ole Rek O Kut arms and tables
My 1963 Allied Radio catalog is full of them, high end stuff in the day.
I drooled over them but ended up with an AR

Adam Bernau

Forum Donor
Here is a turntable that i have designed a few years ago. Its shell is made from concrete mixed with softening polymer resin and PE fibres, sitting on special feet where i have used first four dampeners made from japanese miraculous substance called Alpha Gel. Inside this shell is another concrete-polymer-fiber plate separated from the shell by another eight Alpha gell dampeners, and finally on the top of those is carbon fiber sandwich plate with foam core, again separated from the two bellow.
Screenshot 2022-03-06 015433.png
Capture.PNG
AdobePhotoshopExpress_3ccdec5f2ee94772943bc68ccbe0b393.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Here is a turntable that i have designed a few years ago.
Looks like you know your way around CAD CAM software, very nice.
Don't recognize the arm, is that a carbon fiber arm?
In any case, something to be proud of. Congrats.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now that's a KOOL table!
I Remember the ole Rek O Kut arms and tables
My 1963 Allied Radio catalog is full of them, high end stuff in the day.
I drooled over them but ended up with an AR
Unfortunately, I was an enlisted Navy man, not an officer - so they wouldn't let me buy one! :facepalm: o_O

Rek-O-Kut Precision.jpg

Adam Bernau

Forum Donor
Looks like you know your way around CAD CAM software, very nice.
Don't recognize the arm, is that a carbon fiber arm?
In any case, something to be proud of. Congrats.
Thank you! I am glad that you like it! Yes, conical carbon fiber tube with CNC machined, polished and clearcoated aluminium parts on both ends. Well.. for me it was just a project where i wanted to explore the topic of turntable myself, and deal with the parasitic vibrations affecting the playback my way, i also wanted to try to avoid the popular highend route of monstrous analogue "altars" made of huge, heavy and extremely expensive machined blocks of material, which in my opinion crazy and the results don´t match the price and energy invested.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Yes, conical carbon fiber tube with CNC machined, polished and clearcoated aluminium parts on both ends. Well.. for me it was just a project where i wanted to explore the topic of turntable myself,
You made the tonearm too?
That's amazing, I'm speechless.
And that's a rarity for Sal. LOL

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unfortunately, I was an enlisted Navy man, not an officer - so they wouldn't let me buy one! :facepalm: o_O

I've mentioned this before, but when I was in Germany, GIs could go to an 'audio club', which was just a large warehouse to buy gear, tax free and at a discount. Then, have it dropped shipped by the individual companies, to a stateside address.

As an enlisted soldier, there was definitely a limit as to what you could buy. Not so much based on rank, but pocketboot, which was based on pay grade. As an E4 I could pretty much slum the Pioneer and Teac booths. Officers (especially field grade) were welcome at the McIntosh and Revox exhibits!

As an aside, that was the first time I saw Accuphase gear. Accuphase was then considered more of an upscale Pioneer or Kenwood. You could definitely tell it was a 'cut above' the usual thing. Nothing like it is today, however.

ar.jpg

JP

Major Contributor
This is the one I got last week. This puts it at the top of the worst ones I've seen.

SP-10MK3_Tacet.png

USER

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is the one I got last week. This puts it at the top of the worst ones I've seen.

View attachment 190867
That's terrible. The one I damaged was able to give me this. I feel so bad now.
Clearaudio Concept · Tecet Vinyl Check.png

Luckily I bought this last one from amazon so I am exchanging it and hoping I get a good copy.

But the big question is if there a decent, dependable W/F test record being made these days.

JP

Major Contributor
That's terrible. The one I damaged was able to give me this. I feel so bad now.View attachment 190870

Luckily I bought this last one from amazon so I am exchanging it and hoping I get a good copy.

But the big question is if there a decent, dependable W/F test record being made these days.

What's the matrix on that one?

JP

Major Contributor
Mine is

Tacet L210 A II-3 / Tacet L210 B II-3
-29542-
V- (or stylized K) SST

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
My first turntable - Technics SL-D30. Got it from Wisconsin Audio (mail order) for about $119. (picture not mine)
1646619703890.jpeg

My current turntable, which I use about once a month. Sounds very good, with a Goldring E3 cart.
1646620019271.jpeg

USER

Forum Donor
Mine is

Tacet L210 A II-3 / Tacet L210 B II-3
-29542-
V- (or stylized K) SST
Seems to be the same

Good one (off center, but I found the placement sweet spot): A: L210 A II-3 -29542- K 55T (?) / B: L210 B II-3 K 55T (?)
Bad one: A: L210 A II-3 -29542- K 55T (?) / B: L210 B II-3 -29542- K 55T (?)

Holmz

Major Contributor
A 28 foot tall, 4 ton, Little Nipper in Albany NY.
Good Ole Pooch.
UEc.jpg

Albany Australia…
Small chunk of granite known as “Dog Rock”

Attachments

• 40D9AA7C-E1AD-40EE-B8D4-C84264D94B33.jpeg
    40D9AA7C-E1AD-40EE-B8D4-C84264D94B33.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 55

AlexanderM

Since I hadn't used my TD-125 for decades, I decided to clean it up and restore it to its original glory prior to offering it up for sale. The refurbishment turned out so well, and the turntable works so perfectly that I decided to keep it, even though I have no space in my current equipment rack to display it. :facepalm:

View attachment 171549

View attachment 171550
When I was a kid we had a Thornes TD 125 MK II with the Shure Tone Arm, I'm glad you didn't sell it!!

Top Bottom