• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nice pictures of your audio setup

DonDish

front_view.jpg

Just boored. Sitting in the cave, fooling around with the camera. Just finished a project. The decoupling plate under the units. 5mm of cork, 14mm floorboard and 2 layers of butyl rubber(total 4mm). Framed with some white oak I cut up to fit. 3.2 kilos. TC electronics Clarity M is a mighty cool metering device. Very priceworthy. Shows the gamut of Loudness variations and alot more.
balanced adapter.jpg

Just an audio xxx shot! The newest balanced adapter iteration.
typical_user.jpg

Test for new profile picture. Nice highlights at the elbows
typical_user_2.jpg

Landed on this. Warhammer 40k "rough psyker". Looks like he just lost his 40k headphones :eek::D

UltraNearFieldJock

Just finished a project. The decoupling plate under the units. 5mm of cork, 14mm floorboard and 2 layers of butyl rubber(total 4mm). Framed with some white oak I cut up to fit. 3.2 kilos.
How does it work? Does it make a difference?

Here are same naked pics of Sony TC-K 790 ES (the risky but succeed operation by open heart - or by open head?). I like this old technic - isn't nice?

Sony TCK 790 1.jpg

Sony TCK 790 3.jpg
Sony TCK 790 2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
DonDish

DonDish

Here are same naked pics of Sony TC-K 790 ES (the risky but succeed operation by open heart - or by open head?). I like this old technic - isn't nice?

View attachment 237761
View attachment 237763View attachment 237762
The decoupling plate is an e

View attachment 237761
View attachment 237763View attachment 237762
The "decoupling plate" is just an experiment that has more of a practical and estehtical purpose and its an excersice in working with wood and other materials. So the dampening is to not create a problem more than to solve something. What set it of is the fastening for the RAM-mounted Clarity-M metering monitor. I have gotten into some problems though. The "plate" or shelf(a better word) warps a bit too much, and I suspect its the heat from ADI-2 PRO that does that. Its quite pronounced with a difference of maybe 4mm over 70cm. I considering some iron t-bar frame underneath. I always wanted to learn welding so.. Its my chance now!

Like your pictures. Im born in the 70´s so I know what cassette players look like inside. I used to take them apart and give them some alkohol rub cleaning. Part audiophile, part watchmaker :D Theres no mechanics in audio anymore, only printboards, and thats kinda sad :( So I like your project! A daunting task it was, remembering where all those screws and belts should go :) I didnt have SONY ES excellency though, more like those mono cassette recorders. And walkmans ofcourse.
mono cassette player 2.jpg

Ate through some of these

Gary_G

A decent setup! That Parasound amp is one of my favourites and was something I prospected before inflation hit. What do you think of it?
Thanks! This was a dream system for me that I recearched and put together overe COVID.

I am far from a audiophile but really do enjoy it. I don't push it hard at all and suspect it rarely gets out of class A. I purchased the amp at the same time I got the speakers, FOCAL Aria 926, annd ran it from the preout on my old Sony AVR, what a difference the amp/speaker combo made. really step up a couple levels from the old Sony and Polk speakers.

Curvature

Major Contributor
View attachment 236286
Just boored. Sitting in the cave, fooling around with the camera. Just finished a project. The decoupling plate under the units. 5mm of cork, 14mm floorboard and 2 layers of butyl rubber(total 4mm). Framed with some white oak I cut up to fit. 3.2 kilos. TC electronics Clarity M is a mighty cool metering device. Very priceworthy. Shows the gamut of Loudness variations and alot more.
View attachment 236287
Just an audio xxx shot! The newest balanced adapter iteration.
View attachment 236288
Test for new profile picture. Nice highlights at the elbows
View attachment 236289
Landed on this. Warhammer 40k "rough psyker". Looks like he just lost his 40k headphones :eek::D
You connected the RME to the TC Clarity M Directly?

OP
DonDish

DonDish

You connected the RME to the TC Clarity M Directly?
The Clarity M is connected from the UCXII, so it has its own channels in TMfx. Connected via optical now, theres also AES in. Running this for now, but I will try to connect after processing from ADI-2 pro.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Like your pictures. Im born in the 70´s so I know what cassette players look like inside. I used to take them apart and give them some alkohol rub cleaning. Part audiophile, part watchmaker :D Theres no mechanics in audio anymore, only printboards, and thats kinda sad :( So I like your project! A daunting task it was, remembering where all those screws and belts should go :) I didnt have SONY ES excellency though, more like those mono cassette recorders. And walkmans ofcourse.
View attachment 237817
Ate through some of these
Having a cell phone with a camera has made that task much easier. I can now take pictures of any device I am repairing and use them for reference when reassembling.
I used to cut out a piece of cardboard and draw a picture of the device and poke or tape the parts to the cardboard for reference.

OP
DonDish

DonDish

Thanks! This was a dream system for me that I recearched and put together overe COVID.

I am far from a audiophile but really do enjoy it. I don't push it hard at all and suspect it rarely gets out of class A. I purchased the amp at the same time I got the speakers, FOCAL Aria 926, annd ran it from the preout on my old Sony AVR, what a difference the amp/speaker combo made. really step up a couple levels from the old Sony and Polk speakers.
What levels do you play at to keep it in class A.? Not a loud listener myself.

Curvature

Major Contributor
The Clarity M is connected from the UCXII, so it has its own channels in TMfx. Connected via optical now, theres also AES in. Running this for now, but I will try to connect after processing from ADI-2 pro.
That's really cool. Makes a change from the old VU meters.

Gary_G

What levels do you play at to keep it in class A.? Not a loud listener myself.

Lol, I can't tell you that,I don't have a meter to measure spl. Nothing too loud at all. I have the gain turned d all the way up on the amp.

Last edited:

TimF

Forum Donor
I suspect that most of the people on this website have reasonable audio set-ups, and that those who value older equipment have some quality pieces of gear from the past. In the last couple days I watched videos on youtube of audio equipment shows in Holland and somewhere else in Europe. It was mostly exotic and expensive equipment, and some downright ultra exotica that is more akin to peculiar. I no longer appreciate that equipment or that end of the audio market. Looking at the videos of the gear set-ups in the rooms was distasteful and it reminded me of exotic strippers. Or of women wearing too much makeup with large garish jewelry. Maybe I'm an oddball.

OP
DonDish

DonDish

I suspect that most of the people on this website have reasonable audio set-ups, and that those who value older equipment have some quality pieces of gear from the past. In the last couple days I watched videos on youtube of audio equipment shows in Holland and somewhere else in Europe. It was mostly exotic and expensive equipment, and some downright ultra exotica that is more akin to peculiar. I no longer appreciate that equipment or that end of the audio market. Looking at the videos of the gear set-ups in the rooms was distasteful and it reminded me of exotic strippers. Or of women wearing too much makeup with large garish jewelry. Maybe I'm an oddball.
Lots of ugly gear. I suspect alot of super high-end buyers arent audiophiles or even have interest for music. They just want something to spend their money on. In these days with many ultra-rich and famous this stuff sells like hot bread. Tons of gold and CNC´d aluminum, fat cables, gigantic sculptural speakers and all the buzzwords to go with it. Just a stupid "show of game" for their money. Not the gear in itself.

specialbomb

This is my first set up, and it's probably really cursed, but I like how it sounds quite a bit and it happens to look fairly cute! I have measurement data of it too so I could tune out some issues, so it manages to sound quite good for what it is.
  • Polk Audio ES10's
  • Kanto Audio sub8
  • Loxjie A30
  • Raspi for playing music (don't worry, it's over USB :p)
The setup is mostly like it is because of my limited amount of space, but I think I did a pretty damn good job for what I had to work with. I really like that I was able to put it all in a 2x2 Kallax shelf! The sub8 is probably not the best subwoofer for this set up, but it was one of the few I could jam into a Kallax shelf without it not fitting. I don't really need a ton of bass extension, I just mostly wanted to fill out the otherwise tinny sounding ES10's. With the 2.1 set up with those speakers, it sounds pretty damn killer. It was also important that the sub was sealed since it would be going on my shelf, so it would only be firing forward.

Currently, I'm missing a MiniDSP and a decent CD transport, but I can get those later.

speakers.jpg

OP
DonDish

DonDish

This is my first set up, and it's probably really cursed, but I like how it sounds quite a bit and it happens to look fairly cute! I have measurement data of it too so I could tune out some issues, so it manages to sound quite good for what it is.
  • Polk Audio ES10's
  • Kanto Audio sub8
  • Loxjie A30
  • Raspi for playing music (don't worry, it's over USB :p)
The setup is mostly like it is because of my limited amount of space, but I think I did a pretty damn good job for what I had to work with. I really like that I was able to put it all in a 2x2 Kallax shelf! The sub8 is probably not the best subwoofer for this set up, but it was one of the few I could jam into a Kallax shelf without it not fitting. I don't really need a ton of bass extension, I just mostly wanted to fill out the otherwise tinny sounding ES10's. With the 2.1 set up with those speakers, it sounds pretty damn killer. It was also important that the sub was sealed since it would be going on my shelf, so it would only be firing forward.

Currently, I'm missing a MiniDSP and a decent CD transport, but I can get those later.

View attachment 240113
Nice! With a small room you gotta do the best of it ❤️

OP
DonDish

DonDish

DSC_0131.JPG

Just half-finished a project for my stereo bench. Japanese style polished cherry wood shelf. New light fixture with twin bulbs and new reflector, controlled with a microswitch when I close the door. The glass shelfs are not finished yet.. Updates to follow with full thread.

Top Bottom