• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nice pictures of your audio setup

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure if it qualifies as a nice picture, a view into my man-cave:

Man Cave.jpg

Andysu

Major Contributor
professional commercial cinema lucasfilm ltd THX sound system , best game upgrade change period
laserdiscs with theatrical Dolby Stereo 4.2.4 in THX goes a bit further pressing against body

psychoTHX1.jpg

norman is handing me the key to cabin 1

psychoTHX3.jpg

psychoTHX4.jpg

Andysu

Major Contributor
open baffle but that doesn't bother me . its the basket that i just thought about .
what about some thin absorbent glued to the inner side as some form or the frequencies are going to reflect into onto the metal and add some frequency change ?

maybe the whole speaker cover it in thin absorbent rubber foam so the frequencies reflecting around inside will have an extra absorbent it may lower down few tiny % dB of unwanted , only need the need the output

Poultrygeist

open baffle but that doesn't bother me . its the basket that i just thought about .
what about some thin absorbent glued to the inner side as some form or the frequencies are going to reflect into onto the metal and add some frequency change ?

maybe the whole speaker cover it in thin absorbent rubber foam so the frequencies reflecting around inside will have an extra absorbent it may lower down few tiny % dB of unwanted , only need the need the output

Maybe a good idea if I played at high SPL's which would probably produce basket ringing and audible resonance. But I don't so there's no need to correct what I can't hear.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Bernard23

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is my first set up, and it's probably really cursed, but I like how it sounds quite a bit and it happens to look fairly cute! I have measurement data of it too so I could tune out some issues, so it manages to sound quite good for what it is.
  • Polk Audio ES10's
  • Kanto Audio sub8
  • Loxjie A30
  • Raspi for playing music (don't worry, it's over USB :p)
The setup is mostly like it is because of my limited amount of space, but I think I did a pretty damn good job for what I had to work with. I really like that I was able to put it all in a 2x2 Kallax shelf! The sub8 is probably not the best subwoofer for this set up, but it was one of the few I could jam into a Kallax shelf without it not fitting. I don't really need a ton of bass extension, I just mostly wanted to fill out the otherwise tinny sounding ES10's. With the 2.1 set up with those speakers, it sounds pretty damn killer. It was also important that the sub was sealed since it would be going on my shelf, so it would only be firing forward.

Currently, I'm missing a MiniDSP and a decent CD transport, but I can get those later.

View attachment 240113
Kallax is also the perfect size for storing LPs. I fitted a drawer to mine, and a cupboard, the latter is a totally different shade to the rest of the unit. Thanks Ikea!

Bren Derlin

This is my listening pit - these pics were from a few months ago.
Spent some time down here last night listening to Boston, Pink Floyd, Ivan Torrent, the Corrs unplugged live album, and Ruelle.

Attachments

• _DSC8565.jpg
    _DSC8565.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 174
  • ht101.jpg
    ht101.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Top Bottom