• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nice pictures of your audio setup

MAB

Major Contributor
I just built these to replace a pair of Rauna Freja in my basement office. They do need stands, working on that.
index.php

OP
DonDish

DonDish

I just built these to replace a pair of Rauna Freja in my basement office. They do need stands, working on that.
index.php

Nice DIY!

Reactions: MAB

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
index.php

Nice, but I would get rid of those cones under the speakers.

MAB

Major Contributor
Nice, but I would get rid of those cones under the speakers.
Yes, I just need something to keep them off the desk until I get stands figured out. They sound awful flat on the desk. Yes, the cones are a bit embarrassing, but they are consistent with using all of the stuff I had lying around. At least they aren't cryo.;)

OP
DonDish

DonDish

Yes, I just need something to keep them off the desk until I get stands figured out. They sound awful flat on the desk. Yes, the cones are a bit embarrassing, but they are consistent with using all of the stuff I had lying around. At least they aren't cryo.;)
I used to do some furniture woodworking so I have alot of slabs and pieces here. Cherry, walnut and some teak. Plus i bought some oak and mahogany dirt cheap at a thrift store. @MAB like your thinking about using the stuff you have Just bought a dewalt 621 router and my heads spinning with projects now

Reactions: MAB

MAB

Major Contributor
I used to do some furniture woodworking so I have alot of slabs and pieces here. Cherry, walnut and some teak. Plus i bought some oak and mahogany dirt cheap at a thrift store. @MAB like your thinking about using the stuff you have Just bought a dewalt 621 router and my heads spinning with projects now
I think with the multi-channel DSP options available these days, building a pair of competent speakers is reasonable. Mine were specifically to use some old drivers, and I did the thread more to investigate distortion.
The Directiva threads appear to result in a better speaker:
The possibilities are endless! Hopefully I am adding fuel to the fire with your new router!

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just showing pictures; for further details, please visit my posts here and here;

WS003809.JPG

WS003810 (1).JPG

WS003808.JPG

WS003806.JPG

WS00004839.JPG

WS00004840.JPG

WS003804.JPG

OP
DonDish

DonDish

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My house is a dusty bachelor divorcée mess but I have great sound! Cat like the DIY speakers with Scanspeak Revelator drivers best. Other cat prefers the warm SimAudio power amp on the top for the front speakers. I’m fond of it and the Outlaw 5000 for the other 5 channels. I like the DIY speakers for the super natural tone as well as the Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 tower surround system.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My audio setup is SO simple.
Spotify + iPhone 6s or MacBook Air + Topping D50S + Audiophonics AMP hypex ncore 2x250W + 2 speakers made by DALI in Denmark.
Room 25 sq/m.
Works flawlessly since 2 years 1/2.
I'll post a picture...
With my MacBook Air I listen to some radios in California like 102.7 KIIS FM. The sound is good.

Last edited:

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I very rarely take pictures of my setup using my "nice" camera. Here are a few which are many years old:

cropped-dsc01111.jpg

View from behind the speakers to the listening chair.

dsc01104.jpg

The control PC. It is a touch screen so I can control the PC without having to use the keyboard.

dsc011021.jpg

The rest of the system. This picture was taken during a transitional stage of the system when I was converting the speaker from passive to active, which required replacing a lot of electronics and buying new equipment. Most of the things you see on the equipment rack has been sold .

img_6682.jpg

The high gloss black finish on the speakers are quite reflective!

dsc01112.jpg

You might have seen the sailing ship on the equipment rack. Here is another which is under construction. That's my other hobby - making wooden ship models.

I no longer listen to CD's. The entire collection has been ripped into FLAC. The next stage is to tidy up the furniture - the CD's will go into boxes and put into storage, then I will construct new cabinets to occupy that space. The equipment rack will disappear. The aim is to have a more minimalist look in my lounge room.

Liya

I no longer listen to CD's. The entire collection has been ripped into FLAC. The next stage is to tidy up the furniture - the CD's will go into boxes and put into storage, then I will construct new cabinets to occupy that space. The equipment rack will disappear. The aim is to have a more minimalist look in my lounge room.
The room is simply beautiful with the shelves full of cd's and the lights above.

Top Bottom