DEFINITELY! Or, maybe NOT ha ha. I don't believe all amps sound the same, but then we had this result https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/denon-vs-parts-express-round-1.984507/ and barring problems like you are having, the differences are nowhere near like changing speakers. By the way due to the logarithmic nature of hearing, if you want significantly more power than AVRs have, you need like 300W per channel into FOUR ohms (even if the speakers are 8, because speakers are not resistors)Also, does the quality of the power amp make a difference?
As for AVRs, lots of folks happily power their systems with AVRs. Yours definitely has a problem, and to me it seems like the DAC.
- Ah maybe this was done but what happens if you plug in a phone (NOT charging, to avoid ground loops) to the RCA inputs, noise?
- How about connected via Bluetooth-noise?
- Play a USB stick from the front panel-noise?
- Is there some kind of "pure direct" mode that bypasses all the DSP??
- Are you CERTAIN any and all processing is off? Auro 3D or Audyssey or crossovers or whatever. Set the system configuration to 2.0.
Then it can't hurt to reset it and update the firmware I suppose.