• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

artishard116

If you use Input Mode Automatic you can connect the second sub via BNC and use XLR for the rest of the setup. You can also connect both subs via BNC and only the sats via XLR. It doesn't matter which sub which sat is connected to as long as both subs get the identical signal on both (L&R) inputs.
Wondering if you run it like this all the time? Would cut down on cables/splitters. Basically source feeding analog xlr to one sub and then a coax bnc connecting that sub output to the input of the second sub. I'm testing it now but the sub and speaker getting the signal over BNC seem noticeable quieter than the sub and speaker being fed the analog signal. Haven't run an alignment yet, but maybe that would match the levels?

krdetroit

MA 1 Software crashes every time right after inputing Ser. No and Cal code. Running Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1 and MA 1 version 1.5.3.2037

You know funny enough I tried several times yesterday and it kept giving me an unable to send on their page (I’m all registered). Just figured today is not the day
Also here the same issue with MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 and the latest MA 1 version always crashing after the Ser. No. input step.
I created a service request already 3 weeks ago. Because there was no reply, I created another request about a week ago. Still no response.
My old settings done with older versions of MacOS and MA 1 some months ago are still working, but I would need to recalibrate.

schallmauer

Audio Company
Hey, sorry to hear you're having issues with the software and thanks for highlighting this.

The good news is, the issue is being adressed already and there's going to be a new release shortly.
Please reach out via [email protected] if you'd like to be involved in early testing.

@krdetroit , on what platform did you try to send the message?

audafreak

Hey, sorry to hear you're having issues with the software and thanks for highlighting this.

The good news is, the issue is being adressed already and there's going to be a new release shortly.
Please reach out via [email protected] if you'd like to be involved in early testing.

Is the addressed issue only for Mac or also for Windows? Because on Windows I had the similar problem often with almost every version from the beginning. And not only this one.

schallmauer

Audio Company
Is the addressed issue only for Mac or also for Windows? Because on Windows I had the similar problem often with almost every version from the beginning. And not only this one.
Yes, the code affected is working with both platforms, so the fix adresses both Mac and Win. You might want to be involved in the testing if you have experienced problems before?

audafreak

Sorry but I have spent already maybe hundred hours by trying to solve different MA1 problems in last 2 years (see back in this thread). I am already a bit tired of trying something - I am an old guy and see better ways how to spend rest of my life. Currently I have working system so I will wait for final release.
Maybe would be good to publish link to beta version for all people which have currently problems. They would be better testers.

schallmauer

Audio Company
Sorry but I have spent already maybe hundred hours by trying to solve different MA1 problems in last 2 years (see back in this thread). I am already a bit tired of trying something - I am an old guy and see better ways how to spend rest of my life. Currently I have working system so I will wait for final release.
Maybe would be good to publish link to beta version for all people which have currently problems. They would be better testers.
Thanks for your support so far.
We will communicate via the usual channels once the 1.6 version is final and available.

krdetroit

That's great news :) Would like to involved. I was trying to send the via this page via safari https://product-registration.neumann.com/contact

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Question: with DSP monitors and KH750, must one route the monitors through the sub to use MA-1 for bass management and system integration?

That’s a pain, especially for people who have already dressed their LH 65 stands with network and audio cables under the power cords in the groove and secured them in place.

jj-wohlgemuth

Question: with DSP monitors and KH750, must one route the monitors through the sub to use MA-1 for bass management and system integration?
Depends on the model. With analog monitors or KH 80 the signal needs to go through the 750 (centralized BM). KH 150 and future models can be wired up individually without the sub in between (decentralized BM). In the latter case, if the sub is in the signal chain, it will just pass the signal from input to output without changing it.

audafreak

Depends on the model. With analog monitors or KH 80 the signal needs to go through the 750 (centralized BM). KH 150 and future models can be wired up individually without the sub in between (decentralized BM). In the latter case, if the sub is in the signal chain, it will just pass the signal from input to output without changing it.
Very interesting information. How it will work once multichannel version of MA1 will be released? I currently have 2xKH80 via KH750 and surrounds 2xKH80 aligned as stereo pair separately. Will 4xKH80 + KH750 work for multichannel alignment or will I have to replace something?

jj-wohlgemuth

Very interesting information. How it will work once multichannel version of MA1 will be released? I currently have 2xKH80 via KH750 and surrounds 2xKH80 aligned as stereo pair separately. Will 4xKH80 + KH750 work for multichannel alignment or will I have to replace something?
The KH 750 is a stereo sub. Maybe there will be possibilities in the future to use it for ma 1 aligned multichannel setups regardless but at this point I'm afraid I can't give you any details or outlooks.

mdakovic

Anyone have 1.5.1 for MAC that can upload for me? I have 1.4 on my system with last calibration and but I changed some acoustics in my studio and would like to recalibrate. I see 1.5.3 have problems, so can anyone help me up with older version that seems more stable?

Also @schallmauer is version 1.6 coming this year or next?

EDIT: got it working with 1.5.3. I do have one question. Do you guys leave optimal settings that Neumann software has aligned or do you do some tweaking? I manily do electronic music and optimized settings sound a bit flat for me. I guess that's the point of having a well tuned reference system but I'm afraid that I will tend do overhype the lows and take down highs with this kind of setup resulting in bad mixes. So this is a general question about setting up your reference, do you aim for flat flat response or do you adjust your settings to get a bit more exciting sound?

Here is my measurement with some tweaks, would like a comment or two.

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 14.13.25.png

Last edited:

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Got my KH 150s and MA1 mic delivered today and I'm getting the crashing issue when inputing mic serial number. Running macOS Ventura in a Mac Studio M1 Max and RME UCX II audio interface. @schallmauer any update on the fix for this issue?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Got my KH 150s and MA1 mic delivered today and I'm getting the crashing issue when inputing mic serial number. Running macOS Ventura in a Mac Studio M1 Max and RME UCX II audio interface. @schallmauer any update on the fix for this issue?
Same crash here (Ventura, 14” M1 Pro MBP, Clarett 2Pre USB).

Curious why, given that the current version is broken, it hasn’t been pulled from the website for an older, working version.

Top Bottom