• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New March Audio Ukkonen Speaker

Arnas

Red paintjob is magnificent! Not to mention top tier drivers.
I imagine its gonna be awesome product in terms of style and performance.

Penelinfi

Has anyone heard or purchased these? Surprised how little a footprint they have online.
Someone on stereonet Australia has Ukkonen. A few people have heard them. Not sure if many people buy it; the Sointuva is popular though.
Most people buy these March Audio speakers and like them like them it seems. A few have compared to something equivalent. I don't recall anyone trashing the sound quality. Some may prefer wider dispersion.
I recall a couple of people saying the Ukkonen sounds better. Not much extra discussion though.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I regard the use of beryllium in speakers as irresponsible, given the immense health hazards to the workers who fabricate using the metal and the ready availability of suitable alternatives.

8bits

I have the original Sointuva (in Melbourne) and I am super pleased with it, but if/when Alan decides to do an active tower with the new Purifi tweeter, I would buy it as soon as available as that would be my end game speaker for sure.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably iterating and refining the design, and will publish final spin data whenever it's finished.

Top Bottom