• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS Ultra Evolution

Neric

Oddball

Not saying that new center, or the existing Ultra you have, will not work very well. And have not even heard the new one.

The point is that this range does not really cater to HT people that would like to have LCR as equals (with big towers), which is by the book most appropriate setup. SVS is not the only one taking that approach. Arendal 1723 big towers also dwarf their 1723 center. Some companies like Perlisten, Revel, or even Sonus Faber do have better matching center for their big towers - albeit some of them don't come cheap.

Neric

Not saying that new center, or the existing Ultra you have, will not work very well. And have not even heard the new one.

The point is that this range does not really cater to HT people that would like to have LCR as equals (with big towers), which is by the book most appropriate setup. SVS is not the only one taking that approach. Arendal 1723 big towers also dwarf their 1723 center. Some companies like Perlisten, Revel, or even Sonus Faber do have better matching center for their big towers - albeit some of them don't come cheap.
True if you have the space, it's also much more a bigger deal for multi channel music which I have plenty of.

Some folks will never be ok with the compromise, for them the have the brands you list.

Oddball

I would be really interested in the new SVS Pinnacle provided they test well and I like the sound, which I think I would based on their previous models. And they are priced right. So yeah, a bit disappointed that they chose not to design another bigger center to better match Pinnacle towers. Would be good for the brand and at $7.5K for LCR they could potentially attract people that are now spending north and well north of $10k for the LCR combo.

If SVS is on the forum, pls do it for the fame and glory, and money will eventually come :)

Top Bottom