• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Magico M7 speakers

MrSoul4470

Hasn't the time come to finally close this silly thread for good (and never start one like that ever again)? Those speakers are really audiophoolish nonsense. I am kind of a subjectivist, but that Magico stuff is even too much for me. Like I said before, those speakers deserve no attention. Heaven forbid someone might actually spend their hard earned money for such crap in the end.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Heaven forbid someone might actually spend their hard earned money for such crap in the end.
I guess it's crossed off your list, too!

Sokel

Master Contributor
Hasn't the time come to finally close this silly thread for good (and never start one like that ever again)? Those speakers are really audiophoolish nonsense. I am kind of a subjectivist, but that Magico stuff is even too much for me. Like I said before, those speakers deserve no attention. Heaven forbid someone might actually spend their hard earned money for such crap in the end.
Last count of billionaires worldwide was 3194.
You still think there's no market for them?

Seems to me that a lot more near 1m$ audio stuff is needed to cover the demand.

Edit: and Magicos' measure good generally

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
and Magicos' measure good generally
Yeah. If we're going to snipe, they aren't the place to start. The world is full of garbage high-end speakers:

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I don't care much about how many they will sell, but until they publish measurements detailed enough to show that they are better than less costly options I'm not interested in the engineering either. There is currently nothing to show these are above other options, and same performance at 10 times the price is poor engineering.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That does it. Somebody ship them to Amir.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I don't care much about how many they will sell, but until they publish measurements detailed enough to show that they are better than less costly options I'm not interested in the engineering either. There is currently nothing to show these are above other options, and same performance at 10 times the price is poor engineering.
It really doesn’t matter whether they are genuinely ‘better’ the demographic that these are aimed at would neither know nor care.
As long as they are told they are the best.
Keith

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
So I should close the thread just Becaue you don't like them ?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I wonder why Magico don’t include Klippel measurements in their site, they have the machine and they measure pretty well for passive designs?
Keith

Axo1989

Major Contributor

Are you coping ok with the use of carbon-fibre and composites for the chassis?

The M7's enclosure begins with a monocoque carbon-fiber shell conceived using Finite Element Analysis (FEA modeling. A multiply 6061-6 aluminum front baffle with constrained-layer damping using aerospace composites is affixed to an aluminum rear baffle with front-to-back tensioning rods.

I guess there's enough aluminium in there to ease the pain. :)

Sokel

Master Contributor
What I get is that they don't care about us either,nor their clients who don't buy audio but another big differentiator ,that's the whole point.
And as everything expensive enough,it would be a failure without the main crowd near detests them.

The main trap is that they look to be an audio thing.They're not,even if they measure well and even if (the particular ones) can demolish a normal house i suspect.

Axo1989

Major Contributor

Were I a billionaire, I expect some Magicos would be part of at least one of my audio systems. The M9 are pretty massive, so I reckon these would do.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Are you coping ok with the use of carbon-fibre and composites for the chassis?

I guess there's enough aluminium in there to ease the pain. :)
Should have been 100% aluminum without carbon fiber ;)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Maybe because their clients are grey haired audiophiles who are all about subjective descriptions and other nonsense adjectives.
I am led to believe that the really super rich don’t have time for choosing a hi-fi so a lackey is sent out to buy the ‘best’.
Proper Hi-End retailers first question is always, ‘what is the budget’ if money really is no object then the sale is made right there
Keith

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder why Magico don’t include Klippel measurements in their site, they have the machine and they measure pretty well for passive designs?
Keith
wouldn't they break the platform?

Top Bottom