• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Focal wired headphones - Hadenys and Azurys

LearningToSmile

Focal has two new headphones coming, Hadenys(open back, $699) and Azurys(closed back, $549). @Resolve has the measurements over at the headphone show and they look good:
Hadenys:
1715086810729.png

Azurys:
1715086851417.png

You can watch the video with the full impressions here:

After finally getting my Elear to sound right I'm not currently in the market, but glad to see Focal seemingly moving in the right direction. Particularly the bass stands out. And the pricing is also reasonable, though the lower initial price might mean they won't see as deep discounts as previous Focal offerings.

Graph Feppar

What I like most about these headphones other than relatively low price and light weight is that they appear to not have the driver xmax limitation like elear/elex/clear. As a infrabass enjoyer, this seem like huge plus.

Last edited:
OP
L

LearningToSmile

What I like most about these headphone other than relatively low price and light weight is that they appear to not have the driver xmax limitation like elear/elex/clear. As a infrabass enjoyer, this seem like huge plus.
Time will tell as more people get their hands on them, with the previous gen it was very dependent on how loud you listen, and there seemed to be some sample variation - I know I never ran into it with my Elear despite 12dB bass EQ(with appropriate pre-amp) at reasonable listening volume, but some people had trouble with it much sooner.

johny_2000

I liked how headphones.com loudly shouted their thesis about them: "This is the upgrade to the Sennheiser HD 600 series that you have been looking for."
It would be better if they provided some objective measurements to prove this statement.
Otherwise, we have seen so many HD 600 killers that subsequently fail in many real world aspects.

Here's what my preferred FR curve looks like:
My.jpg

And also their color scheme... :facepalm:

Last edited:

InfiniteJester

I liked how headphones.com loudly shouted their thesis about them: "This is the upgrade to the Sennheiser HD 600 series that you have been looking for."
It would be better if they provided some objective measurements to prove this statement.
Otherwise, we have seen so many HD 600 killers that subsequently fail in many real world aspects.

Here's what my preferred FR curve looks like:
View attachment 369387

And also their color scheme... :facepalm:

HD 599 is the real HD 600 killer.

Mr Swing King

Curiously enough, the only other two openback dynamic driver headphones I’ve ever tried that boosted the subbass also came with a somewhat later striking pinna gain…like the Hadenyz. The Philips X2 and Onkyo A800 respectively.

Top Bottom