• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Fanless mini PC with 4G, HDMI audio out

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is an ARM device, it will not run x86 Windows if that is what is expected from this machine. In any case, what would be the use case of 4G in a streamer?

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
First time I've seen a non-portable computer with cell 'phone connectivity; I'm not sure how I'd use that myself.

Personally I wouldn't be enthusiastic about an Android-based OS, especially an proprietary version. I like Window because it's what I'm used to, but Chrome OS might be tolerable. There is only one USB 3 connector which is type 'A'. I'd hope to see at least one USB 'C' connector.

Currently I use a dedicated Windows 10 mini-PC in my music system.

OP
Chr1

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I use Windows based mini PCs too. I am actually unsure what 4G would be used for too. (Kinda why I posted as I am curious.) Hopefully someone will be able to inform...

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unless E.T. wants to phone in a video, I'd don't see a use case for 4G LTE. For that kind of money the fanless Mele Quieter HD 3 with 16gb of dual channel memory seems like a better buy for $289. The Quieter 3 series also supports 4k HDR 10 video via HDMI.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My guess is this is intended for running digital signage or kiosks where wifi or wired connections may not be available. For audio you really don't need anything this fancy... :)

OP
Chr1

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yes, I kind of figured that it was most likely designed for some kind of industrial application. I have just set up a second hand Beelink T34 Gemini for use in my lockup garage. I really like their use of an aluminium casing for passive heatsink cooling and durability. Particularly relevant when used in such locations. When I eventually need more than 8gb ram, I am hoping that there will be something similar available. Don't really require the more extreme (and expensive) metal casings found on most PCs designed for serious industrial use. Kinda wish Mele would use an aluminium case instead of plastic personally...

Last edited:
Top Bottom