• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann MT 48

Music1969

Major Contributor
I really cannot understand why they limit MT48 features compared to Anubis - it is more expensive too

PureLIN

I really cannot understand why they limit MT48 features compared to Anubis - it is more expensive too
The Monitor mission is just as same as Anubis from my experice by now. (MT48 add support for USB and ADAT/SPDIF of course).

1. EQ is not available through webpage and no preset, so can't be imported, precision is limited to the touch screen input.
2. Fine precision is not available, so you can only adjust volume by 0.5 dB.
3. No Reverb and Dynamics processing.
These limit is compare to Music Mission, so no complains to Neumann here.

Anubis pro sps is expensive much more than MT48 from my local dealers, the old single port version is discontiuned, so I think MT48 is worthwhile before July 1 (after that, it depends on the price of Monitor Mission).

ENDzZ

Has anyone tried using a subwoofer in the monitor mission? I have met an issue that LFE channel is literally not operatable. For example, when I press Mute on LFE channel, audio was still playing through the subwoofer; when I press Solo on LFE channel, audio was not playing through either the subwoofer or anywhere else; when I turn off Bass Management, audio was not playing through the subwoofer. My setup environment is Stereo 2.1, Left for Output 1 (XLR), Right for Output 2 (XLR), LFE for Output 3 (TRS), with Bass Management on.

ENDzZ

Has anyone tried using a subwoofer in the monitor mission? I have met an issue that LFE channel is literally not operatable. For example, when I press Mute on LFE channel, audio was still playing through the subwoofer; when I press Solo on LFE channel, audio was not playing through either the subwoofer or anywhere else; when I turn off Bass Management, audio was not playing through the subwoofer. My setup environment is Stereo 2.1, Left for Output 1 (XLR), Right for Output 2 (XLR), LFE for Output 3 (TRS), with Bass Management on.
Here's the response I got, hope they could fix this later:
thanks for your mail to us. Reagrding your question about the monitoring mission from the MT48.

This is a known restriction today.

Today the LFE Solo & Mute LFE is only considered at the level of the LFE Monitor channels setup.

So the workaround is to go to the Monitor and under LFE use the Solo there.

We’ll see what can be done in the future.

Best regards,

Holger Hausdorf

Neumann Customer Support

Ciobi69

Hello guys between this and the merging Anubis what would you buy? In my country the price as new are similiar

Filio45

Quick question: Can you EQ left and right channels independently on the MT48 (on all outputs), as can be done with RME Room EQ?

Last edited:

OMas

Audio Company
Hello guys between this and the merging Anubis what would you buy? In my country the price as new are similiar
Given that this isn’t a pro audio discussion, I have to guess that the MT 48 would be a better match, software functionality–wise.

Watsonian

Unless you have to have a specific feature that the Anubis has, the MT48 looks to be more stable.
Note: I own an Anubis but have not used an MT48.

PureLIN

MT48 have:
1. USB and ADAT/SPDIF
2. USBC pd power input (power bank frendly)
3. Music mission mixer is less than Anubis (but should be enough for most usage).
4. After July 1, the monitor mission on MT48 will need pay (for each device, so buy a new MT48 need pay again).
Anubis have:
1. Premium version (higher sample rate but cost more)
2. Two net port sps version (single port version is out of production now).
3. Some special Mission (not useful for most user and need pay).
4. soundId calibartion support (2ch free, multi channel need pay).
Quick question: Can you EQ left and right channels independently on the MT48 (on all outputs), as can be done with RME Room EQ?
Monitor misson yes for every channel (24 band for one output, total around 300 band) , Music mission no (only 4 band each mixer output).

I use MT48, buy a used Anubis pro sps before (so have a short time hand on), but return it due to bad condition.

PureLIN

MT48 have:
1. USB and ADAT/SPDIF
This is important, if you not fimilar with AoIP and don't want to learn how to troubleshooting it, get MT48 and use USB. AoIP is much more often to having small issues.
But for a only USB DAC, I think MOTU UltraLite mk5 is much afforable option, much more analog port but less price.
MT48 and Anubis 's core advantage is the AoIP.

Ifrit

Unless you have to have a specific feature that the Anubis has, the MT48 looks to be more stable.
Note: I own an Anubis but have not used an MT48.
I own both, didn't notice any difference in stability. Why do you think MT48 is more stable? What makes it 'look' that way?

Last edited:
Top Bottom