• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Rate this VU meter/Selector

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 52 24.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 151 69.9%

• Total voters
Ah cool and yes there is quite a bit of good and bad that must be considered with a potential redesign. I am completely happy with my .... I'll call it V1 .... lol.

I do like the white table to give the truer blue look (as well as other colors as well I'm sure) ...... but the available colors are quite good.

Looking forward to your continued success ... I'm just a fan and in it for the fun!

To add, I think users would be very happy with accurate geometry of the needle to the gauge indicators. That's one thing I loved about high quality VU meters of the past was the precise alignment of the needle to the gauge marks across the entire range of throw.

The above pics of the new white VU table on the right has great blue color but the marks look misaligned giving it a cheaper look (please take that as constructive criticism ;)

Last edited:
Here's the finished product complete with laser cut faceplate and Sansui emblem to match my AU555 and TU666. Love the green with the TU666!
20240516_171506.jpg

20240517_171958.jpg

Here's the finished product complete with laser cut faceplate and Sansui emblem to match my AU555 and TU666. Love the green with the TU666!
I love it, the lights color matched the tuner.
Very good job, looks 100% factory new.

View attachment 369963
View attachment 369964

Looks like time for a Topping E70V with transparent green film (or glass) over the over the display. The standard white font color should pop the green rather nicely. IMO of course.

Last edited:
Ah cool and yes there is quite a bit of good and bad that must be considered with a potential redesign. I am completely happy with my .... I'll call it V1 .... lol.

I do like the white table to give the truer blue look (as well as other colors as well I'm sure) ...... but the available colors are quite good.

Looking forward to your continued success ... I'm just a fan and in it for the fun!

To add, I think users would be very happy with accurate geometry of the needle to the gauge indicators. That's one thing I loved about high quality VU meters of the past was the precise alignment of the needle to the gauge marks across the entire range of throw.

The above pics of the new white VU table on the right has great blue color but the marks look misaligned giving it a cheaper look (please take that as constructive criticism ;)
Oh, yes, that's very good. I'm glad you pointed out this issue and welcome everyone to share their suggestions.

Reactions: GPJ
Will this ET30 power up If connected to the amp's switched outlet, or do you have to press the on/off button every time power is interrupted?

Back
Top Bottom