• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Alexx

Good morning.

A technical information please.

I have a pair of Focal 906 on loan to connect to my Nad C399 to be able to make a direct comparison with my Dali, I connected the Focal on output "B" Dali on output "A" what is wrong and that always sound both pairs of speakers?

If I press speaker "A" from the remote control, both pairs are deactivated and reactivated, same thing if I press speaker "B"

If I remove the positive of the speaker "A" I hear the Focal on output "B" if I remove the positive of the speaker "B" I hear the Dali on output "A".

So the outputs work but why with both speakers connected is there no way to switch between speakers?

The amplifier is described with double speaker output "A-B" and also on the remote control there are the "Speaker A-Speaker B" keys to be able to choose which of the two speakers.

Is it a fault? the appliance is about 1 month old
Thanks in advance and best regards.

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good morning.

A technical information please.

I have a pair of Focal 906 on loan to connect to my Nad C399 to be able to make a direct comparison with my Dali, I connected the Focal on output "B" Dali on output "A" what is wrong and that always sound both pairs of speakers?

If I press speaker "A" from the remote control, both pairs are deactivated and reactivated, same thing if I press speaker "B"

If I remove the positive of the speaker "A" I hear the Focal on output "B" if I remove the positive of the speaker "B" I hear the Dali on output "A".

So the outputs work but why with both speakers connected is there no way to switch between speakers?

The amplifier is described with double speaker output "A-B" and also on the remote control there are the "Speaker A-Speaker B" keys to be able to choose which of the two speakers.

Is it a fault? the appliance is about 1 month old
Thanks in advance and best regards.
This is from the manual (page 10). So I don't think the C 399 has the necessary circuitry to independently switch on/off the two sets of speaker outputs.

nad c399.png

Alexx

Thanks guys for the tip.

Pecacto I had taken a pair of speakers to use it only with the TV movies (more detail than the dali).

Too bad that I will not be able to use it and not have known it before ...

Anyway, a high damping factor seems like a good thing to me exactly?
Thanks again.

Top Bottom