• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My DIY Subwoofers

paddycrow

Forum Donor
I finished these last weekend, but I didn't want to post them until I had a chance to listen. Amps were delivered today!

I went with a pair of CSS SDX12 drivers. They are beasts! The other decisions I made were sealed box and passive with standalone mono amps (stereo signal from my preamp's bass management). I'm really loving the Bubinga veneer with solid Maple frame!

More importantly, they sound incredible! I've just dialed them in by ear at this point. And the amps hardly get warm, fans haven't even turned on after about 3 hours.

tempImageIknU9U.png
tempImagehX9GUs.png

OP
paddycrow

paddycrow

Forum Donor
I wouldn't have used this construction for a full range speaker, I'd be worried about baffle edge diffraction.

Hon

They do look nice! What's the theoretical f3 with your box size/internal volume?

OP
paddycrow

paddycrow

Forum Donor
This is from their website, I'm slightly over 1.0 cubic feet. I've got my crossover set at 60 Hz with 24 dB slope. I have five parametric filters I can play with, right now I've got one set at 30 Hz.
519b00_67da96d2ef0841389f2ff94a087ff145~mv2.png

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nicely done! Having lifted one of those drivers, yes they are beasts!

Top Bottom