• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music with amazing sub bass. Anything goes.

OP
R

Rzezniq

Define "sub". Below 40 Hz? 30 Hz?
Otherwise we'll get suggestions with 60 Hz rap-thumps. That's not "sub-bass" in my book.
I suggest 40 Hz or lower, since it's rare for music to have energy below that.
I don't think we need any definitions here. It's not a scientific topic. Some genres of music (drone, noise, ambient, IDM) will have content below 40Hz mark that while not strictly "musical" is entertaining to feel or hear. I also don't think that people should run tracks trough spectrum analyser before they post them as it would ruin the fun.

radix

Major Contributor
Try Faith and The Muse, The Burning Season. It has some good 15 - 20 Hz in it.

This figure is from REW using Rogue Amoeba's LoopBack. I took the measurements from the Spotify version of the album, not the youtube.

Faith_Muse_Burning_Season.jpg

MRC01

Major Contributor
... Holly Cole track ...
That's a nice sounding track, I have the album. Here's one that I find to be an even better recording. And I like the music too.
Warning: it's just bass, not sub-bass. But very well recorded, tight, clean, and captures a natural, lifelike timbre. A bit too much edge and sibilance on the vocals, less natural sounding than the bass. Somebody in the studio probably decided to "enhance" them. No thanks. But it still sounds great overall!

anphex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not sure if this counts but the the kicks and bassline are pretty low and smooth :)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Top Bottom