• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Morrow SP3 Review (Speaker Cable)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi Amir
Appreciate you reviews. Have you ever listened to the cables ?
You mean any speaker cable? Answer is yes as it is kind of hard to do without in a stereo system. :)

If you mean these, no, I did not. But have listened to a number of audio cables and have yet to hear a difference.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
How boring
Have you changed the pipes in your house to see if the taste of the water changes? If not, how boring....

Dal

I’m surprised you have never heard a difference. I enjoy tinkering and sometimes that involves changing cables. Don’t know why people get so excited when this topic of cables is discussed and start calling people fools etc.

Hats off to the manufacturer to come on here and defend his product.

I read your reviews and listen to other people on you tube and i believe you are all honest and believe in what you’re saying.

In the end i make my own decision and sometimes i can hear a difference and other times i can’t but i still enjoyed the process.

I don’t spend large amounts of money. I’ll get the soldering iron out and enjoy the process of researching and making the cables. Currently i’m looking at mains cables. Might not make any difference but i’ll enjoy the process and they’ll definitely look better.

I think sometimes people forget that it’s about listening to and enjoying the music.
the biggest difference i have heard is the recording itself

Take care Amir and make some more youtube videos.

martijn86

If the connection is sufficient enough to carry the current to the speaker, the resulting sound will always be identical. If a person can detect a difference by ear, then the cable is broken or way out of spec for the load. You can however do a subjective look at the cable and determine the ecstatics, resistance to tangle, durability of the terminals, etc.

martijn86

You do you of course. And I won't call you a fool. It is only more evidence of the placebo effect being a real variable and if that works for you I don't judge.

It's just like religion. You can believe what you want and there's probably a real benefit to those that do believe. However, the earth is a couoke hundred of thousands years old and there are dinosaur bones in the ground. Don't start claiming otherwise.

Dal

You do you of course. And I won't call you a fool. It is only more evidence of the placebo effect being a real variable and if that works for you I don't judge.

It's just like religion. You can believe what you want and there's probably a real benefit to those that do believe. However, the earth is a couoke hundred of thousands years old and there are dinosaur bones in the ground. Don't start claiming otherwise.
Oh dear not religion as well. Now you’ll really get people excited

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh dear not religion as well. Now you’ll really get people excited

What else is accepting a premise without any evidence? And no, you believing that you can hear the difference, is no evidence. Just yesterday I, saw a Yeti.. do you call that evidence?

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m surprised you have never heard a difference. I enjoy tinkering and sometimes that involves changing cables. Don’t know why people get so excited when this topic of cables is discussed and start calling people fools etc.

I don’t spend large amounts of money. I’ll get the soldering iron out and enjoy the process of researching and making the cables. Currently i’m looking at mains cables. Might not make any difference but i’ll enjoy the process and they’ll definitely look better.

I think sometimes people forget that it’s about listening to and enjoying the music.
the biggest difference i have heard is the recording itself

Take care Amir and make some more youtube videos.

Yeah, I had that period too ...

1627899116037.png

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It's because they're unbelievers. After watching this video on YouTube, where you can hear the significant difference when he plays the soundtracks, (and there are more cable videos on the channel, including a $1 million challenge), there is no way I'd ever go back to 'generic' cables.

FreaK

@Dal
You are fooling yourself. It's not your fault, it's how our hearing works. This is a placebo effect, and half the Audio industry living from that (AudioQuest for ex.), basically scamming the people. You can relatively simply rule out this effect, by making a proper blind test. Amir said that many times in his videos, do a blind test. If you can distinguish one cable from the other 9 out of 10, than.. khm.. than one cable is probably broken :) there shouldn't be any difference at all, if you know the physics behind it.

@SimpleTheater
:facepalm:

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@Dal
You are fooling yourself. It's not your fault, it's how our hearing works. This is a placebo effect, and half the Audio industry living from that (AudioQuest for ex.), basically scamming the people. You can relatively simply rule out this effect, by making a proper blind test. Amir said that many times in his videos, do a blind test. If you can distinguish one cable from the other 9 out of 10, than.. khm.. than one cable is probably broken :) there shouldn't be any difference at all, if you know the physics behind it.

@SimpleTheater
:facepalm:
Well that is not true. I have taken a length of 16 gauge vs 10 gauge cable and attached them to a subwoofer and a monoblock and the 10 gauge was louder. I know I know, blind blind blind. See the thing is, it was obvious. Like looking at your shoes, yup, they're tied!

Top Bottom