• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop teases Hi-Fi smartphone

It looks really interesting and i would like to know how much mW it could output.

Sadly the SoC is pretty old. its a rebrand of the D1080 but its waaaay faster than the Exynos in my Fiio M11. Do you guys think it would be worth to "upgrade"?
Any modern phone with a dongle is an upgrade. Just get a cheap phone (which will still receive 4 yrs of guaranteed updates), this "phone" is like most of the other daps basically e-waste after a year. I don't trust moondrop to come out with a "good" smarthpone first attempt, especially after witnessing the other QA shortcomings and sketchy marketing.

swa2023

Attachments

• 32(1).png
    32(1).png
    401.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 300(1).png
    300(1).png
    400.5 KB · Views: 65
  • un32(1).png
    un32(1).png
    405.2 KB · Views: 54
  • un300(1).png
    un300(1).png
    380.7 KB · Views: 61

Crispy Bearcon

Any modern phone with a dongle is an upgrade. Just get a cheap phone (which will still receive 4 yrs of guaranteed updates), this "phone" is like most of the other daps basically e-waste after a year. I don't trust moondrop to come out with a "good" smarthpone first attempt, especially after witnessing the other QA shortcomings and sketchy marketing.
The thing is i like an all in one experience. I dont want to have a dongle with me. then i can just carry my DAP with me. The M11 itself isnt bad. decent dac and decent amp. Just the OS is really slow if you move outside the music app for local music.

Here's max output, 32 and 300ohm load.
Thanks!

ChenHui

I can't see the output power or which chips are used based on the existing information, and I don't know how well it performs. But I like this kind of cross-border attempt. Looking forward to it.

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Last edited:

dartinbout

If my LG V60 ever dies, this is an interesting option.

OP
D

Dave54321

I can't see the output power or which chips are used based on the existing information, and I don't know how well it performs. But I like this kind of cross-border attempt. Looking forward to it.
This update just came up on my news feed.

The $399 device is now available globally after launching in China this week.

two headphone jacks: a 4.4mm fully balanced jack and the more “standard” 3.5mm unbalanced headphone jack. The jacks put out 4VRMs for the 4.4mm and 2VRMs for the 3.5mm

Cirrus Logic Master HiFi DAC (digital to analog converter) and a 6-layer gold-sinking audio circuit with independent LDO power supply. According to Moondrop, the phone is capable of a dynamic range up to 132 dB and a signal-to-noise ratio up to 117 dB.

Detailed specs here:

LeShog

I don’t know where to put this, but wanted to evidence to you that Moondrop has come out with a Hi Fi smartphone, I thought it might be interesting enough to be measured. With a SINAD of 117 db it might be a Tanchjim space killer for android users while being a more practical solution. The rest of the smartphone is no slouch either and all in all looks and seems to be very modern. Here the official page of the smartphone https://moondroplab.com/en/products/miad01

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

staticV3

Master Contributor
@BDWoody Can we get a thread merge?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
@BDWoody Can we get a thread merge?

Great suggestion!

Top Bottom