• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

dolph99

What do you think an unbalanced>balanced conversion does?

Sorry for the confusion. The amp doesn't come with any documentation on what it does inside. Which is incidentally true for many products.

Last edited:

ardilla

I've been waiting for a replacement unit for a while now. Today Monoprice told me they'll give me a store credit instead (no choice options for me)

"Unfortunately, the item is still out of stock with no restocking date"

Seems like they have not decided to make another batch, but still won't say it's discontinued

rcstevensonaz

I've been waiting for a replacement unit for a while now. Today Monoprice told me they'll give me a store credit instead (no choice options for me)

Seems like they have not decided to make another batch, but still won't say it's discontinued
Is that a store credit with requirement to return the original unit? (I'm also still waiting for a replacement)

ardilla

Is that a store credit with requirement to return the original unit? (I'm also still waiting for a replacement)

First I contacted them for replacement but they said that they could only give me a store credit because they didn't have it in stock and I had to send in the unit. Then I saw they had some in stock and asked for a replacement again.

However that must have been some returns because they soon went out of stock. So I just had to wait and then they contacted me to give me a credit.

So yes I had to send in the unit.

rcstevensonaz

First I contacted them for replacement but they said that they could only give me a store credit because they didn't have it in stock and I had to send in the unit. Then I saw they had some in stock and asked for a replacement again.

However that must have been some returns because they soon went out of stock. So I just had to wait and then they contacted me to give me a credit.

So yes I had to send in the unit.
When I spoke with them earlier, they also mentioned the option of a return credit (not just a store credit). So you could push on that option as well.

ardilla

When I spoke with them earlier, they also mentioned the option of a return credit (not just a store credit). So you could push on that option as well.

I couldn't only get a store credit, they said, but I was not the original buyer.

Return credit is much better

Top Bottom