• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MiniDSP SHD Dirac Live Rivals

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A few years later - same question. I sold my SHD, kinda regretted it...so I have this question again.

I'm looking for decent room correction, USB DAC, one analog input, a remote control for volume, balanced output to power amp, Airplay/bluetooth (not absolutely necessary as the computer is a Mac and I can choose that for Airplay).

Any new ideas appreciated (or just tell me to get another SHD).

I can aso easily do software EQ since everything is running through the Mac. I use Soundsource that I could load PEQ from some measurements, or do standalone Dirac, etc. if that's the most logical choice. If so, any good remote volume control options? I don't always want to use my phone for this.

Sorry - too long of a question. Any replies appreciated.
Isn't the MiniDSP FLex balanced just what you are looking for? Measured here. No Airplay but AptXHD Bluetooth, plus all your other requirements.

OP
feynman

feynman

The Flex is certainly a great match, and came out only shortly after I got my full SHD.

Mostly I'm curious as to whether any non-MiniDSP competition has appeared in the last couple of years.

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There are, but not at the same price point and/or features.
Yeah, I'm not even sure the new NAD M66 has a USB input. Price seems crazy too!

Top Bottom