• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

MiniDSP SHD Dirac Live Rivals

As I get closer to identifying my elusive new system, I find the MiniDSP SHD with Dirac Live to be a compelling front end device that could check all of my boxes should I go with an active speaker solution (or I suppose even with passive+power amplifier). The Studio might even do what I need, depending on the output choice.

I am wondering what worthy competition for this might include. I don't know enough to know where to check for capable alternatives. I could put these functions together myself and save some money, but I do like the ready integration and smallboxness a device like this provides.

Thanks.

-mitch

I’m looking for a 2 in 8 out D/A convertor with DSP for crossovers, set and forget and not require a PC.

I had heaps of music on my NAS but that was so 2009.

I find myself using streaming more and more... apart from the rare classical or underground tracks, Spotify, Apple Music and Soundcloud seems to over most my needs.

FrantzM

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Patreon Donor
I’m looking for a 2 in 8 out D/A convertor with DSP for crossovers, set and forget and not require a PC.

I had heaps of music on my NAS but that was so 2009.

I find myself using streaming more and more... apart from the rare classical or underground tracks, Spotify, Apple Music and Soundcloud seems to over most my needs.
Same here. Word for word.

Top Bottom