• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Sonore microRendu Streamer

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Noise from a PC (or other computing device, Pi or whatever) can be carried along in the ground connection, plus I suppose RF noise on the data/PSU lines. This why I use an Intona galvanic isolator.
That's why I'm using Toslink. ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

LulaNord

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge if the microRendu causes the iFi DAC to output a higher analog level with the same digital level source, there are two options:The digital signal level has been increased by the microRendu - meaning it isn't transparent passing data - meaning, to me if a full scale source signal is processed it will be digitally clipped. And Testing error.Can you digitally loop your source to the analyzer, and while transmitting the same source digital signal, compare the numerical levels of what would be "direct to iFi" vs "massaged by the microRendu"?

printed circuit assembly

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
if the microRendu causes the iFi DAC to output a higher analog

Maybe you haven't read far enough, but that was resolved - cockpit error... see post #27

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not home so can't look up model. But it is nade by Leader. It is 20+ years old linear power supply. I am not sure if it is still made.
Thanks!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Found a picture of it on my workbench for when I tested the grounding box:
20160413_163427_001-small.jpg

It is the box on the left. I actually have three different ones so it may have been one of them but all are in the same series.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And now, it is obvious with one picture why your results were no good. You have used a skewed power cord plug. How many times must it be repeated, everything matters. Your skewed cord plug should be 90 degrees to the earth's magnetic field or parallel to it. You can't get results at a level of sensitivity that a grounding box works with such sloppy implementation. All that expensive test gear becomes useless from simple sloppiness. Oh, and is it okay to stack your Stax like that?
Skewed power.png

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What's the box behind it with all the power cords plugged into it?
And you need to replace the power cord from the wall socket, it's far too flimsy and cheap. ;)

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Looks like a standard UPS.

Wood looks nice for a workbench, but one thing I would seriously recommend is getting a good antistatic mat that covers it. At these frequencies and for consumer stuff ESD probably isn't a huge concern, but you're obviously not in Colorado. Dry air, lots of static.

Which perhaps explains a few of my posts... ;)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Looks like a standard UPS.
NO, it is a magic box with ultra-super-cap energy generator using rare, radical free insulated wires. I hope to market it one day for say $20,000.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wood looks nice for a workbench, but one thing I would seriously recommend is getting a good antistatic mat that covers it. At these frequencies and for consumer stuff ESD probably isn't a huge concern, but you're obviously not in Colorado. Dry air, lots of static.
It is not an electronic workbench Don although I have done some light work there. It is a bench for measuring audio equipment right now. I am debating where you build my electronics bench as this place is highly visible in our home. I have space in basement but don't want to work there as it is away from family....

Top Bottom