• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

I ordered almost a week ago, was told it would ship in two days, and we're now at six days.

US here. I'm on day 7 of inactivity on the tracking number. It's pretty typical. US people who ordered their SGD1 units also have the same story of waiting for at least two weeks from what I've gathered.

I don't mind at all though, Soncoz's customer service (love you Ben and Ann) has been extremely great and I'm just exercising patience right now :)

MechEngVic

US here. I'm on day 7 of inactivity on the tracking number. It's pretty typical. US people who ordered their SGD1 units also have the same story of waiting for at least two weeks from what I've gathered.

I don't mind at all though, Soncoz's customer service (love you Ben and Ann) has been extremely great and I'm just exercising patience right now :)
Ok, good, at least I'm not the exception. I was pleased with the initial communication and transaction with Soncoz, just impatient, and I was curious of other's experiences. I'm glad for Ben's steady input and his responses to feedback, many times with real solutions.

Sophia Ann

Audio Company

Thanks so much for your understanding.

Nybto

Forum Donor
Can someone confirm that the firmware update does indeed allow max volume on power-on? I'm not sure I understood what the firmware @Ben1987 released is supposed to do. I'm so looking forward to this unit, and not to have to fiddle with the volume will be amazing!

Also, does it default to USB on power-on? I think I read somewhere up the chain that it does not. Not sure if that can also be ameliorated in firmware or not. Would be AMAZING if it could.

EDIT: Just saw that the firmware should allow Windows to control the volume, is that correct? If so, then it should always default to max (for me), and I'd be one happy camper.

Yes, as you describe. The LA-qxd1 will default to USB, and, with the new firmware, it will default to 0db. (You need a Windows computer, the Mac method is not yet established).

spiritofjerry

Yes, as you describe. The LA-qxd1 will default to USB, and, with the new firmware, it will default to 0db. (You need a Windows computer, the Mac method is not yet established).

Awesome! Precisely as I would want to use it.

Just curious, would the volume buttons still work to reduce volume on the DAC, or would those be disabled?

MechEngVic

Just got a DHL tracking # ! No movement yet, but it's a start. Will give updates.
No movement for the DHL tracking number as of today. Since I'm having to wait this long, I'm gonna be hopeful that I'll be getting a unit from a newer production batch.

Sophia Ann

Audio Company
No movement for the DHL tracking number as of today. Since I'm having to wait this long, I'm gonna be hopeful that I'll be getting a unit from a newer production batch.
Sorry for the late delivery. I have consulted DHL forwarder, the flight will be normal these two days. Please wait for some days.
Don't worry, the previous batch of LA-QXD1 is the same excellence as this new batch.

Chinny

Received today after £60 in customs fees :-(

Attachments

• B05157BF-8967-4E9E-A774-5E72ECF70828.jpeg
    B05157BF-8967-4E9E-A774-5E72ECF70828.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 212
  • 30628C1D-FA07-4B59-8DCA-B2E65FE74475.jpeg
    30628C1D-FA07-4B59-8DCA-B2E65FE74475.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 218
Top Bottom