• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

ComasSky

@Ben1987

Too bad, not being able to bypass the preamp (volume) is blocking for me.

Are you thinking of getting them Roon certified?

In any case, congratulations for your products

Maybe i will a future customer of the product range ! :)

Morpheus85

Ich habe heute mein la-qxd1 erhalten. Der Treiber von der Website funktioniert nicht.

Attachments

• photo_2020-05-12_13-00-20.jpg
    photo_2020-05-12_13-00-20.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

Ben1987

Audio Company
Is it possible to upgrade control panel, that it send a fixed volume setting to this device?
We will release a default maximum volume (best performance) version of XMOS firmware as soon as possible for users who want to upgrade(Each time the power on the maximum volume of the best performance state, if not necessary, can be reduced to the default low volume version). Users upgrade with XMOS DFU tool.
Because in december you wrote it is it is possible to change volume and mute via usb
there is a point:volume and mute control through Windows standard GUI (depending on device capabilities). Is this device ready for this?
We've been testing this feature(change volume via usb) a long time. The reason it has not been open to users is that there is a probability of popping when playing audio files in a high bitstream (such as PCM768k) and dragging the volume control bar at the same time. We and the technical engineers of XMOS have been debugging for many times, and found that one possible reason is that the computing power of the XMOS we are currently using is not enough when playing high bitstream. Expect a breakthrough soon.

Ben1987

Audio Company
Ich habe heute mein la-qxd1 erhalten. Der Treiber von der Website funktioniert nicht.
SONCOZ USB Audio Device Control Pannel No device identified, right? Have you tried replugging the power and USB?

adriano93

We will release a default maximum volume (best performance) version of XMOS firmware as soon as possible for users who want to upgrade(Each time the power on the maximum volume of the best performance state, if not necessary, can be reduced to the default low volume version). Users upgrade with XMOS DFU tool.

We've been testing this feature(change volume via usb) a long time. The reason it has not been open to users is that there is a probability of popping when playing audio files in a high bitstream (such as PCM768k) and dragging the volume control bar at the same time. We and the technical engineers of XMOS have been debugging for many times, and found that one possible reason is that the computing power of the XMOS we are currently using is not enough when playing high bitstream. Expect a breakthrough soon.
This is wonderful :)
To use this device always with maximum volume will be perfect. Dont need to adjust volume at all. After that this is for me by far the best device in this price range.
Thanks for your support

Veri

Master Contributor
What OS? Windows 10, Apple OSX, Linux should not need a driver, anyway.
Welches Betriebssystem? Windows 10, Apple OSX, Linux sollten sowieso keinen Treiber benötigen.

Received this yesterday.

Here are some pictures of what's going to be my desktop setup at my office.

Nice, three layer packaging: one cardboard outer box with post labels, another cardboard inner box for protection and one white box with the contents as showed.
1.PNG

The money shot. The DAC is going to be powered from an "always-on" Lenovo dock.
2.PNG

I think the caps are a nice touch - something that the 887 didn't even come with.
3.PNG

Overall I am happy with the purchase and the DAC certainly does what it is supposed to in a simple and clean matter! Easy plug-and-play.

Nybto

Forum Donor

Configurable DAC mode availability for the USB input on the LA-QXD1, this widens the compatibility of the unit significantly, to the integrated amp and separate-pre crowd, I think it is an excellent decision.

Could you keep us up-to-date with progress on this, @Ben1987 ?

n3gativ3

Received this yesterday.

Here are some pictures of what's going to be my desktop setup at my office.

Nice, three layer packaging: one cardboard outer box with post labels, another cardboard inner box for protection and one white box with the contents as showed.
View attachment 63145

The money shot. The DAC is going to be powered from an "always-on" Lenovo dock.
View attachment 63146

I think the caps are a nice touch - something that the 887 didn't even come with.
View attachment 63147

Overall I am happy with the purchase and the DAC certainly does what it is supposed to in a simple and clean matter! Easy plug-and-play.

What XLR cables are those?

Ben1987

Audio Company
Could you keep us up-to-date with progress on this, @Ben1987 ?

Upgrade XMOS firmware:Default maximum or minimum(Factory settings) volume.

1589340785935.png

1589341156608.png

1589341307118.png

Enjoy!

Attachments

• LA_QXD1_default_minimum_volume_DFU_0513.zip
    26.1 KB · Views: 143
  • LA_QXD1_default_maximum_volume_DFU_0513.zip
    26.1 KB · Views: 168
  • SONCOZ_USB_Audio_DFU_Tool.zip
    169.7 KB · Views: 175
Top Bottom