• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Just noticed A90's SE in / BAL out has better performance than BAL in / BAL out.
Should I connect my D90's SE out to A90's SE in ?
I also checked D90's BAL out seems to have better performance..
Always recommend BAL connection. Spec is under ideal condition.

OP
T

tom.chen

Audio Company
ward to the SE me
n't see a remote..
output stage ??
I think the "tubes" mentioned in the official info are in fact "transistors" (or simply "amplifiers" in a broad sense). It´s a typical mistake of automated translation. You can see that a lot in aliexpress.
There are more confusing parts in that official info. In one part it says it is class A, and later it says class AB. It also says it uses discrete parts, but then I think that "Rohm tube" is in fact an opamp? Very confusing...
It's ROM's triode, not op amp.
The SA-1 should use transistors, not tubes.This should be a software translation error.

Cortes

Just noticed A90's SE in / BAL out has better performance than BAL in / BAL out.
Should I connect my D90's SE out to A90's SE in ?
I also checked D90's BAL out seems to have better performance..

Always balance: less crosstalk, better soundstage.

Mikechw

I have connected both XLR and RCA from my D90 to A90 and A/B tested...
There is not much difference except XLR sound louder.
If I turn up the volume for RCA to match XLR, I actually prefered RCA. It sound punchier.
Anyway, I will A/B test more..

Noodles

I have connected both XLR and RCA from my D90 to A90 and A/B tested...
There is not much difference except XLR sound louder.
If I turn up the volume for RCA to match XLR, I actually prefered RCA. It sound punchier.
Anyway, I will A/B test more..
Noise floor audible with sensitive IEM's/headphones ?
Heat issues ? Power draw ?
Does it pass full line out when in headphone out mode or do the pre outs only work for when it is actually in pre mode ?

Mikechw

Noise floor audible with sensitive IEM's/headphones ?
Heat issues ? Power draw ?
Does it pass full line out when in headphone out mode or do the pre outs only work for when it is actually in pre mode ?
I use both pre mode and hpa mode on A90. They work exclusively. No heat issues. Noise floor is inaudible with all my headphones.
I have Senheiser HD650, Hifiman Ananda, iBasso IT04, Meze Classics99..(all in balanced mode)

Last edited:

Mikechw

1.jpg
3.jpg2.jpg
My SA-1 arrived this morning...
I powered it up immediately, listening to it via balanced XLR with my Meze Classics99 for half an hour.. (low gain, low-Z)
First impression, treble is very clear, bass is tightly controlled.
I had volume at max and its just loud enough.

On the bottom there are a few dip switches, there are no manuals in the box. Any one know how do I set it to higher gain ?

Veri

Master Contributor
On the bottom there are a few dip switches, there are no manuals in the box. Any one know how do I set it to higher gain ?
I'm guessing one is for SE output and other is for BAL output? You should definitely try mailing Singxer support (leter at singxer dot com). Leter is very helpful and responsive, from my experience.

Mikechw

I'm guessing one is for SE output and other is for BAL output? You should definitely try mailing Singxer support (leter at singxer dot com). Leter is very helpful and responsive, from my experience.

Thanks for the info.. Well, I toggled all the switches to high gain.. And now it is slightly louder..
But I can still listen to my headphone with max volume..

Also it seems toggling the Hi-Z/Low-Z have no effect on the loudness.. (Low-Z seems to be louder)
I will e-mail leter..

Top Bottom