• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

tom.chen

Audio Company
Test by L7Audio LAB:

https://www.l7audiolab.net/f/measurements-of-singxer-sa-1-headphone-amppreview/

By L7 Audiolab on November 13, 2020
Received singxer's SA-1 earphone (engineering prototype)
In fact, this earphone should have been received for a long time, but it's a pity that part of the output interface of the previous one is short circuited (possibly due to transportation) and sent back to replace it with another
According to the developers, this is "high performance, fully balanced, fully discrete class a earpiece / pre stage", but I said: there is a certain bragging element. Because according to the measurement, I can only believe that it may be class A under "normal headphone output power". Otherwise, it has several watts of output power. If the heat dissipation of this case is pure class A, then it will explode in situ
OK, make complaints about it.
Look at things

Because it is an engineering prototype whose appearance is not for reference, I do not provide evaluation on the appearance.
Less nonsense, more measurement
Balanced input and output no load:

Balance input and output 33 Ω load:

Very powerful performance!
Dynamic range:
Dynamic-Range-No-1024x384.jpg

多音:

Let's finish today

The translation is completed by software.

jae

Major Contributor
The engineering prototype design looks better than most of the newer Chinese products out there like SMSL and Gustard in my opinion. From what I have seen only Topping and Singxer have good aesthetic design. Hopefully this one will come with a matte black finish with no unsightliness, I assume they will match it to the Singxer SDA-6 DAC which looks simple and great. This new amp sort of reminds me of Questyle CMA Twelve because of the toggles, which is my favourite looking headamp although it's performance is not up to the latest standards. I also like the idea of using combo jacks like what was on the Matrix-X, I wish more manufacturers implemented that in their top line products.

Last edited:

jae

Major Contributor
Wow, I wonder how much this is going to cost, that FFT is wonderful.
Singxer SDA-6 which is the AKM4499 competitor product to the D90 is about 250-450 more than the D90. So I would expect $600-700 range when compared to the A90, unless the A90 prices falls further in the near future. But they may go lower in order to compete with Topping

OP
T

tom.chen

Audio Company
Singxer SDA-6 which is the AKM4499 competitor product to the D90 is about 250-450 more than the D90. So I would expect $600-700 range when compared to the A90, unless the A90 prices falls further in the near future. But they may go lower in order to compete with Topping
According to Taobao's RMB price, it is estimated to be 599USD

Veri

Master Contributor
Test by L7Audio LAB:

https://www.l7audiolab.net/f/measurements-of-singxer-sa-1-headphone-amppreview/

By L7 Audiolab on November 13, 2020
Received singxer's SA-1 earphone (engineering prototype)
In fact, this earphone should have been received for a long time, but it's a pity that part of the output interface of the previous one is short circuited (possibly due to transportation) and sent back to replace it with another
According to the developers, this is "high performance, fully balanced, fully discrete class a earpiece / pre stage", but I said: there is a certain bragging element. Because according to the measurement, I can only believe that it may be class A under "normal headphone output power". Otherwise, it has several watts of output power. If the heat dissipation of this case is pure class A, then it will explode in situ
OK, make complaints about it.
Look at things

Because it is an engineering prototype whose appearance is not for reference, I do not provide evaluation on the appearance.
Less nonsense, more measurement
Balanced input and output no load:

Balance input and output 33 Ω load:

Very powerful performance!
Dynamic range:
Dynamic-Range-No-1024x384.jpg

多音:

Let's finish today

The translation is completed by software.

There's a newer review out now, of what should be indicative of a retail sample. Very clean output w/ very high maximum power!
https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurements-of-singxer-sa-1-headphone-amppre-retail/

pimy

Many thanks @WolfX-700
The results of the Singxer SA-1 are excellent
I hope Amirm can also test it

Last edited:

jae

Major Contributor
This is the best looking Chinese product of its class for sure, up there with the Topping. This one looks a bit more solid at first look. I wonder if Singxer will make a combo unit?

Don't know how it comares to Topping's A90

According to the measurements on L7audiolab, seems like it is more or less on par with it.

Joaquinín

Any info about the input impedance of each input?
I understand both RCA and XLR outputs are active in Pre- mode?

w1000i

Forum Donor
Singxer SA-1 Fully Balanced Class A Pre Amplifier Headphone Amplifier (shenzhenaudio.com)
$599

Capture.JPG

PCB-745x1024.jpg

Features:
1.Ultra-low distortion: THD+N -120db @1khz A weighting 20-22khz, When outputting 50mv at low gain, THD+N still has -96db @1khz A weighting 20-22khz.

2.Ultra-low noise: At low gain, the bottom noise is 300nv RMS A weighted 20-22khz,the direct test value of AP2522 is 0.66uv, At maximum output, SNR and DNR are 147db.

3.SA-1 adopts a true four-way fully independent fully discrete Class A amplifier circuit design, pure analog amplifier circuit and pure analog control, without EMI interference caused by digital control, in order to faithfully restore the analog flavor of music.

4.The amplifier circuit adopts the class AB architecture developed by ourselves. The differential input tube adopts ROHM's ultra-low noise audio dedicated tube. The tubes are purchased in large quantities and then selected by manual precision matching to ensure the consistency of the differential tube. For other tubes, we use SMD twin tubes with excellent consistency to ensure better performance.

5.The final output circuit uses multi-stage current amplification, similar to the architecture of a high-power amplifier. Each channel uses 2 pairs of ON Semiconductor's 4A mid-power tube to output in parallel to ensure low enough internal resistance and strong driving force; it can be done calmly even in large dynamics.

6.Perfect protection functions: overcurrent, overload, overheating, short circuit, DC protection, start-up delay, and the output relay can be cut off immediately when shutting down.

Multi-function and multiple play methods:
1. Support single-ended balanced input, free switching.

2. Support multi-output interface, XLR 4-pin true balanced, 6.35 single-ended, 4.4 balanced interface; also supports single-ended and balanced output as a front-end mode.

3. Support high and low gain design, you can easily connect all kinds of earplugs, super sensitive earplugs, etc.

4.When the gain is high, you can push a variety of big headphones, including a variety of high-resistance moving coils, low-resistance flat panels, and even ultra-low sensitivity headphones such as KK Earphone.

5.Support high and low impedance output, suitable for high-impedance headphones when high-impedance, and low-impedance headphones that require high current.

6.Large balanced output power:
32Ω: 6480mW
120: 2000mW
600Ω:380mW
Volume: 234MM*170MM*46MM
weighT :1.8KG

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

w1000i

Forum Donor
I placed an order for SA-1 and I will compare it to L30 with Focal Clear Pro and SMSL M500v2 as DAC.
My intention to sell SA-1 if is not a big jump from L30 which could be the case :)

Veri

Master Contributor
I placed an order for SA-1 and I will compare it to L30 with Focal Clear Pro and SMSL M500v2 as DAC.
My intention to sell SA-1 if is not a big jump from L30 which could be the case :)
Very interesting ;) don't forget to report back! Preferably after the honeymoon phase, ha :)

Top Bottom