• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I'm also guessing that the Home Screen while streaming, will rotate between album art and source, sampling rate, and format screens.

deafenears

Forum Donor
Anyone know of, or heard if, the X-SABRE 3 will support Qobuz? @MatrixAudio, any comments?

@enricoclaudio, good to see you on here, does Brian frequent ASR too? I used to frequent AVS Forum until they changed their UI.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
As far I know it’s already certified by TIDAL and Spotify, not by Qobuz. I have TIDAL and Qobuz subscriptions but I use them with Roon so no need for me to support Qobuz natively.

deafenears

Forum Donor
As far I know it’s already certified by TIDAL and Spotify, not by Qobuz. I have TIDAL and Qobuz subscriptions but I use them with Roon so no need for me to support Qobuz natively.
Yeah, saw that... I might have to look into getting Roon set up myself.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Yeah, saw that... I might have to look into getting Roon set up myself.

When you get used to Roon, there is no going back. I started with Roon trial, after the trial ended, signed for the 1 year subscription and before the end of the first month of the 1 year subscription I decided to jump into the lifetime subscription. It’s by far the best audio investment I have ever made. I’m running Roon ROCK in a NUC 10i7FNHN.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Anyone know of, or heard if, the X-SABRE 3 will support Qobuz? @MatrixAudio, any comments?

@enricoclaudio, good to see you on here, does Brian frequent ASR too? I used to frequent AVS Forum until they changed their UI.

No, Brian is not here. He barely have time to post on AVS. I’m the one who post here ;)

kfscoll

I'm also guessing that the Home Screen while streaming, will rotate between album art and source, sampling rate, and format screens.
I hope you're right, but when I use my mini-i Pro 3 to stream from Roon, I don't see any way to get rid of the album art to show just the sampling rate and file info; in other words, I'd love to be able to see the same screen while streaming that is seen when the mini-i Pro 3 is used as a USB DAC.

Regardless, mine is a very minor nitpick. I'm sure the X-SABRE 3 will soon top the ASR charts and I'm also sure it'll be worth every penny.

Music1969

Major Contributor
This is how the Ultra SINAD crowd will start differentiating.

Features.

Good to see Roon Ready, Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect. Even official Airplay 2 !

At this pice, would have been nice to see Chromecast Built-in (even KEF LS50W2 have them now)

Tks

Major Contributor
Such a timeless design, and what I take to be the best enclosure out on the market (barring idiotic butiques that dont have price points on their site). No desktop standalone DAC has looked better to be than the day I saw rhe X Sabre Pro.

But man, $3,000, and all that was added was streaming :-/

Its a tough sell seeing as how the Element X when launched was the same price. Idk.. I just wish at least they added something like more I/O or whatnot.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I hope you're right, but when I use my mini-i Pro 3 to stream from Roon, I don't see any way to get rid of the album art to show just the sampling rate and file info; in other words, I'd love to be able to see the same screen while streaming that is seen when the mini-i Pro 3 is used as a USB DAC.

Regardless, mine is a very minor nitpick. I'm sure the X-SABRE 3 will soon top the ASR charts and I'm also sure it'll be worth every penny.

I guess we would need to wait for @MatrixAudio to chime in and let us know if the Home Screen can be set to not show album art while streaming. Pretty sure that's something can be added via firmware update.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Just placed my order for the X-SABRE 3 Black. As soon I get it delivered, I will post photos and will open an owners thread (if anybody doesn't gets it before me) so we can continued the conversation in a dedicated thread ;)

MatrixAudio

Audio Company

Hi deafenears,
The X-SABRE 3 has no companion app, but Qobuz only provide API integration in app, they have no such method like Spotify or TIDAL Connect. So, in this case, it's impossible to integrate Qobuz into X-SABRE 3 now.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Pretty sure you will be able to use third party apps like mConnect which supports QoBuz and TIDAL. I used to use it before subscribing to Roon Lifetime.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hi deafenears,
The X-SABRE 3 has no companion app, but Qobuz only provide API integration in app, they have no such method like Spotify or TIDAL Connect. So, in this case, it's impossible to integrate Qobuz into X-SABRE 3 now.

While I wait for my X-SABRE 3 to be shipped, would you mind tell us how the Home Screen works? Does it rotate between album artwork and track info or stays only showing album artwork when streaming? Thanks :)

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
I guess we would need to wait for @MatrixAudio to chime in and let us know if the Home Screen can be set to not show album art while streaming. Pretty sure that's something can be added via firmware update.

Hi both,
The displaying logics now is:
1. When X-SABRE 3 receives streaming music, it will display the sampling rate, audio format(PCM/DSD/MQA) and filter type for the first several seconds, then it changes to another screen which only shows cover image with a streaming logo on top.
2. Every time you control volume, after the volume page disappears, the display will get back to sampling rate page first for several seconds, and then change to album art page.

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
Pretty sure you will be able to use third party apps like mConnect which supports QoBuz and TIDAL. I used to use it before subscribing to Roon Lifetime.
Hi bro.
Yes, mConnect works with X-SABRE 3. I meant that no native app from Matrix Audio for X-SABRE 3.
But with TIDAL, TIDAL Connect is the better choice, you can use TIDAL app for streaming instead of a 3rd party app.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hi both,
The displaying logics now is:
1. When X-SABRE 3 receives streaming music, it will display the sampling rate, audio format(PCM/DSD/MQA) and filter type for the first several seconds, then it changes to another screen which only shows cover image with a streaming logo on top.
2. Every time you control volume, after the volume page disappears, the display will get back to sampling rate page first for several seconds, and then change to album art page.

If you don't change volume or volume is fixed, does it cycles between album cover and info or stays on album cover during the rest of the song? Could this behavior be setup? Like not showing album cover and show only track info? Thanks again for this info ;)

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
If you don't change volume or volume is fixed, does it cycles between album cover and info or stays on album cover during the rest of the song? Could this behavior be setup? Like not showing album cover and show only track info? Thanks again for this info ;)
If no any operations, the sampling rate page will be displayed when next track starts.
This behavior cannot be setup currently.
If the cover art is not available, the album art page will not be displayed.
By the way, given that the screen is really tiny, unfortunately, it cannot display metadata of a track.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
If no any operations, the sampling rate page will be displayed when next track starts.
This behavior cannot be setup currently.
If the cover art is not available, the album art page will not be displayed.
By the way, given that the screen is really tiny, unfortunately, it cannot display metadata of a track.

Got it. Not a deal breaker for me as I have a 32” LG 4K Monitor only for Roon ;) The X-SABRE 3 will take the place where the mini-i Pro 3 is currently :)

F0EA8E3B-3323-4B12-9E9E-3017B05F6147.jpeg

8F46F296-E967-4FAF-BB0A-F99770992209.jpeg

Top Bottom