• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

enricoclaudio

Manufacturer
Mini-i Pro 3 reviewed in Hi-Fi News this month. The first occasion to have a look at the full board :
View attachment 179805
Something I don't get is why this does have MA Player chip inside... but does not support MA Player... Any thoughts, @MatrixAudio ?

Surprisingly, it got a raving review. Most likely a very common thing, but not that usual from the subjectivist press when talking about good measuring Chinese products.:p

The chip is the MA Player "LITE", not the MA Player and that's why it does not support the MA Player app.

muslhead

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Its a crippled version of the i, m and x wrt the player.
They wanted a clear deliniation of products and this will stream roon but not dlna where as the remaining elements will do both

enricoclaudio

Manufacturer
Its a crippled version of the i, m and x wrt the player.
They wanted a clear deliniation of products and this will stream roon but not dlna where as the remaining elements will do both

Not so sure about that. My MA X-SABRE 3 comes with the MA Player Lite chip and it does DLNA, Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect as well. Pretty sure the mini-i Pro 3 can do DLNA but they decided to not implement it so like you said, make a clear delineation between products.

Top Bottom