• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Matrix Audio Element M - First impression

Hi have you managed to check your wireless connection? Try to switch to 5G and see what speed you get. With AC you should get above 300Mbps.
Unfortunately, my internet connection here only goes up to 25Mbps. :(

My setup here is a Mesh Router in my room connected wired to my Element M. Since I am not using wireless, I am unable to switch from 2.4 to 5ghz.

Thanks to another member. I have been using BubbleUpnp and it works great with my element M. It has Qobuz and Tidal integration and it is a very responsive app. It only cost $5, and I wonder why can't MA develop something like this?

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
Thanks to another member. I have been using BubbleUpnp and it works great with my element M. It has Qobuz and Tidal integration and it is a very responsive app. It only cost $5, and I wonder why can't MA develop something like this?
Do you know of anything similar to BubbleUnpn which allow editing of Tidal playlists?

OP
S

somy

Thread Starter #67
Just want to add a few very annoying problems:
1) When I stream from Tidal sometimes I cannot play popular tracks under an artist, and I found a workaround to first clear the queue, and then the playback works
2) My Element M always shuffle the order of tracks regardless if I play tracks from an artist or an album. It is very annoying and I recall before the firmware upgrade it worked fine.
3) "Now playing" is not visible in many screens, I often need to quit from Tidal streaming service in order to see it.

Edit: find out the issue with 2), looks like when clicking “Play all” it doesn’t reset shuffle flag, so i have to disable shuffle in “Playing Now”.
Also like to add one more limitation which bothers me: in Tidal artist view it can only show the first 10 popular tracks even though that there are more tracks on Tidal.

Last edited:
Do you know of anything similar to BubbleUnpn which allow editing of Tidal playlists?
Sorry, I haven't found one. You can only create your own Playlist in Bubbeupnp, kinda similar to Roon. This got me thinking if Roon is just really DLNA.

EDIT: Found MConnect for iOS and it is amazing!

Last edited:
I am now using MConnect for my iPhone as a DLNA player. Layout is much better than Android’s Bubbleupnp. It is as responsive too. Adding tracks simultaneously into my queue from Qobuz and Tidal is a breeze. And yes, the app lets me edit my current playlists!

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
S

somy

Thread Starter #70
I am now using MConnect for my iPhone as a DLNA player. Layout is much better than Android’s Bubbleupnp. It is as responsive too. Adding tracks simultaneously into my queue from Qobuz and Tidal is a breeze. And yes, the app lets me edit my current playlists!
Thanks for the hint, but it doesn't support MQA via DLNA I assume?

Top Bottom