• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Element M - First impression

sonusfaberx

Hi have you managed to check your wireless connection? Try to switch to 5G and see what speed you get. With AC you should get above 300Mbps.
Unfortunately, my internet connection here only goes up to 25Mbps. :(

My setup here is a Mesh Router in my room connected wired to my Element M. Since I am not using wireless, I am unable to switch from 2.4 to 5ghz.

sonusfaberx

Thanks to another member. I have been using BubbleUpnp and it works great with my element M. It has Qobuz and Tidal integration and it is a very responsive app. It only cost $5, and I wonder why can't MA develop something like this?

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
Thanks to another member. I have been using BubbleUpnp and it works great with my element M. It has Qobuz and Tidal integration and it is a very responsive app. It only cost $5, and I wonder why can't MA develop something like this?

Do you know of anything similar to BubbleUnpn which allow editing of Tidal playlists?

OP
S

somy

Just want to add a few very annoying problems:
1) When I stream from Tidal sometimes I cannot play popular tracks under an artist, and I found a workaround to first clear the queue, and then the playback works
2) My Element M always shuffle the order of tracks regardless if I play tracks from an artist or an album. It is very annoying and I recall before the firmware upgrade it worked fine.
3) "Now playing" is not visible in many screens, I often need to quit from Tidal streaming service in order to see it.

Edit: find out the issue with 2), looks like when clicking “Play all” it doesn’t reset shuffle flag, so i have to disable shuffle in “Playing Now”.
Also like to add one more limitation which bothers me: in Tidal artist view it can only show the first 10 popular tracks even though that there are more tracks on Tidal.

Last edited:

sonusfaberx

Do you know of anything similar to BubbleUnpn which allow editing of Tidal playlists?
Sorry, I haven't found one. You can only create your own Playlist in Bubbeupnp, kinda similar to Roon. This got me thinking if Roon is just really DLNA.

EDIT: Found MConnect for iOS and it is amazing!

Last edited:

sonusfaberx

I am now using MConnect for my iPhone as a DLNA player. Layout is much better than Android’s Bubbleupnp. It is as responsive too. Adding tracks simultaneously into my queue from Qobuz and Tidal is a breeze. And yes, the app lets me edit my current playlists!

Attachments

• 11EE70CD-69B7-4C3F-8A18-E6EF042C6BA0.png
    11EE70CD-69B7-4C3F-8A18-E6EF042C6BA0.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
OP
S

somy

I am now using MConnect for my iPhone as a DLNA player. Layout is much better than Android’s Bubbleupnp. It is as responsive too. Adding tracks simultaneously into my queue from Qobuz and Tidal is a breeze. And yes, the app lets me edit my current playlists!
Thanks for the hint, but it doesn't support MQA via DLNA I assume?

JMF

Dear people,
I amb already using my Matrix Audio Element M conected via LAN cable and Tidal Master suscription. I use my Iphone 7 as a controller of the Matrix Audio App.

I have a problem since the new software version 1.5.3. The music in the play queue does not play. The application shows a loading symbol and I have to manually pass the song to continue playing the content.

Has someone notice this problem? Any ideas of how can I solve this incident?

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
Dear people,
I amb already using my Matrix Audio Element M conected via LAN cable and Tidal Master suscription. I use my Iphone 7 as a controller of the Matrix Audio App.

I have a problem since the new software version 1.5.3. The music in the play queue does not play. The application shows a loading symbol and I have to manually pass the song to continue playing the content.

Did you also updated the firmware?

OP
S

somy

Dear people,

Same problem here I made a video in element X thread. It happens randomly, I normally solve the issue by hard restart the device (yes you heard right, pull the plug). They said they fixed it in the new version, after that it worked for a while but it came back yesterday. In fact based on Tidal’s supported device page element is not there, I think it is not officially supported and maybe MA can clarify this.

JMF

Dear MatrixAudio,
How i can update the firmware of the Matrix Audio? I will check in the menu of the Element M to find it and try to update it too.
It is really enoying because you have to stay all time with the mobile in the hands to pass the song that don't work.

I hope we can solve the issue. Today i will try all the options again and i will update the blog.
Thanks for your aditional comentaries.

Best regards from Barcelona!

JMF

Dear Matrix Àudio,
The version of firmware is B91901. It is up to date?
i have been trying to find where to update the firmware and i Don’t found. I will keep trying.

thank you,

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
@JMF @somy
Hi both.
Can you confirm the following info when you are convenient.
- Does the "playback stop" issue happens when you playing music from a USB storage device?
- When the stop happens, what the status of the playing page is? The playing icon is static? or loading status?
- If the stop happens on lower streaming quality of Tidal? Enter Tidal settings by tapping the 3 dot icon at right of Tidal logo and select a High, Hi-Fi or Normal.

JMF

Hello Cao,
- I don't use usb so i can't try this option.

- The playing page is trying to load the next song. the wheel spinning arround pause botton. "loading status".

- The stop happen to with the lower definition "normal" of tidal, too. I always have it set to MASTER.

Can i put the ip of the Element M from dinamic to static? I have the theory that the problem could be a conflict of IP's in home.

Some other ideas?

Thank you.

Paolosnz

Hi, I don't understand which output is the xlr one of this element M .. the xlr has 4 poles, the one of this element is 3 poles?

Top Bottom