• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Creative in the U.S, the Blaster folks are offering 30% off nearly everything using the code YAS30
Creative runs frequent sales and the prices fluctuate, so YMMV on how real the discount.

But the Sound Blasterx G6 and G5 Refurbs seem a good deal at $70 and $49 after coupon. This is $10 off the previous low for the G6 I think which seems like a great price for a DAC/Amp that measures well.

The Aurvana Live! SE over ears are $49 after coupon which is about $10 off normal price. Do some SE googling for comparison to the original. So far as I can tell the original CAL changed slightly over time, and the SE is like the later CALs but with earcup sparkles.

The Creative Nova, the weirdest and most versatile Alexa speaker, is just $42 after code. I was not aware of it, but it seems to do everything and more, but reviews are all over the place as to how well it does them.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

hmscott

Addicted to Fun and Learning
At that same link Amazon is now listing the new Phillps TAG6105 headphone previously only listed on AliExpress - but I can't find any listings on AliExpress that say they've sold a single unit and there are no reviews listed either. Same at that Amazon link, searching the 5709 comments for the item "TAG6105" doesn't turn up any hits.

The TAG6105 is based on the SHP9500, modified to connect via USB with a volume + game/music mode inline USB wired controller, includes Microphone with volume control - and adds RGB to the SHP9500, and it mentions "sound card DSP" - not sure if it is an actual PCIE card or they are talking about the USB inline controller:
PHILIPS Gaming Shp9500 Upgrade Game Version TAG6105 Headphone Wired HIFI USB 2.0 Computer With Mic Multimedia Flagship For PC|Telephone Headsets| - AliExpress
1623602906494.png

1623603584216.png

1623603836109.png

1623603874968.png

1623603917337.png

1623603495637.png

The USA Phillips site doesn't have anything about the TAG6105 either... I haven't checked other Philips sites yet.

BTW, Amazon is selling that Phillps TAG6105 for $99.99 + 1-day Prime Delivery. The AliExpress listings are all $10-$20+ higher, with much longer delivery times:
Amazon.com: Philips Audio USB Computer Gaming Headset with Microphone, 7.1 Surround Sound, Comfort Fit Wired Headphones with RGB LED Lighting, Black (TAG6105): Electronics

Has anyone tried this new Philips TAG6105 setup yet?, I cannot find a review for the TAG6105 anywhere!

Last edited:

JanesJr1

Etymotic ER4XR's are on sale at Amazon for $166, by far the best deal I've ever seen. MSRP $349. I bought them, and they are the real thing. I don't see similar deals elsewhere, but maybe they're making room for a new model?? Go figure, go buy.

(I already have the ER3XR's, and they have spoiled my enjoyment of the Senn HD6XX's ... the Ety's make the Senn's sound just too veiled in the treble, and with sloppy mid/upper bass. The Ety's provide such detail on each instrument's timbre, and have bass in reserve that is totally controlled and realistic. I listen to classical more than anything else, but the Ety's transients are fast and make me want to listen to early PJ Harvey to catch the great percussion. At their worst, they will not conceal the engineered brightness of some popular music recordings. Sound stage ok but not large.)

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=er4xr&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Last edited:

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Etymotic ER4XR's are on sale at Amazon for $166, by far the best deal I've ever seen. MSRP $349. I bought them, and they are the real thing. I don't see similar deals elsewhere, but maybe they're making room for a new model?? Go figure, go buy.

(I already have the ER3XR's, and they have spoiled my enjoyment of the Senn HD6XX's ... the Ety's make the Senn's sound just too veiled in the treble, and with sloppy mid/upper bass. The Ety's provide such detail on each instrument's timbre, and have bass in reserve that is totally controlled and realistic. I listen to classical more than anything else, but the Ety's transients are fast and make me want to listen to early PJ Harvey to catch the great percussion. At their worst, they will not conceal the engineered brightness of some popular music recordings. Sound stage ok but not large.)

Check slickdeals and search for Etymotics. You'll find that various Etymotic IEMs have been on and off sale at Adorama now for months and months. Occasionally Amazon price matches them.

hmscott

So these items are both deals as well as resulting usage improvement for Browser, Music Apps, and other Apps on Windows, Android, iOS, Macintosh, and Amazon Fire devices. :)

I had been frustrated with laggy performance on my Windows 10 PC while browsing, using Apps like Tidal, Amazon Music HD, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video. My machine isn't normally slow - AMD Ryzen 3700x + Nvidia RTX 2070 Super + PCIE 4.0 2TB SSD - slowly but surely the overload of Ad's, Trackers, and referral add-on's tacked onto URL's has gotten to the point it's overloaded all of my browser and system mitigations.

So I started looking for a system-level alternative to consolidate the mitigation where it counts - at the network level before it enters the browser or apps.
Fortunately, I found 2 products - one expensive and one free, and an old reseller site I used long ago that cut my cost by >50%. :)

I had used Adguard a long time ago, but it was too new and under development. I went back to check out Adguard recently as I was getting tired of browser extension management and the lack of system-wide blocking for all applications, and I found Adguard to be very much optimized, but not perfect - I'll link another tool as well to cover the junk missed by Adguard Android - but AdGuard performs well enough for me to buy a Family Lifetime License for 9 devices, for $29.99 - from one of their legit resellers StackSocial - the prices on StackSocial were so low I asked AdGuard and they confirmed via email that StackSocial was their legit reseller.

AdGuard Family Plan: Lifetime Subscription | StackSocial - $29.99 vs $65.88 - current discount on Adguards site.

Adguard also has DNS servers that implement QUIC protocol and is an improvement on DNS over TLS and https, and additionally AdGuard pre-filters DNS request results against their filter lists which stops downloading the gunk rather than blocking it after it is downloaded.

There is a real improvement in interactivity, page loads, and wonderful lack of ads, tracking, and malware - although no "threats" have been logged by Adguard yet.

I'm using it on Windows 10 , and an Android phone and Android tablet, but the license is good for all the devices Adguard supports.
Windows Adguard Blocked Items Counter Status:
Adguard Windows 10 Status Dialog.JPG

Windows Adguard DNS Settings, using QUIC DNS to Adguard Blocking DNS server - many DNS server options, this blocks more bad stuff than an OpenDNS server - which cannot do QUIC + AdGuard DNS level blocking, only TLS/HTTPS connections + Adguard HTTPS filtering,
Ad-blocker AdGuard deploys world's first DNS-over-QUIC resolver | ZDNet
Adguard Windows 10 Settings Dialog.JPG

Android Adguard Status:
AdGuard Android Status.jpg
Last but not least a free tool to get around the Android User Certificate blocking Adguard is working on getting around, an application manager called "Vanced Manager" manages all of the install of the apks and libraries - follow the detailed installation instructions!, and it completely block Ad's on Youtube, Youtube Music Premium, and adds other useful functionality to Youtube:
Vanced Manager 2.6.0 - Install Official YouTube Vanced Easily!
These are included / installed / managed from Vanced Manager:
Vanced MicroG APK 0.2.18.210500 Download (Official) 2021 (vancedmanager.com) - Install first!
Vanced Music APK 4.30.51 Download [YouTube Music Premium] (vancedmanager.com)
NewPipe APK 0.21.4 Download Latest Version (2021) - Vanced Manager

Update: In a pinch without AdGuard - on Windows - you can Enable the Ad Blocker in Enhancer for Youtube extension settings in Chrome/Edge:
https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/enhancer-for-youtube™/dlgfaleeejmphhnemjgiaekdbonkagkd
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enhancer-for-youtube/ponfpcnoihfmfllpaingbgckeeldkhle
TLDR, found Adguard - a system-wide cruft blocker + QUIC DNS Server provider + a huge discount through StackSocial - an external reseller, and "Vanced Manager" an Android Youtube cruft blocker that covers the stuff Adguard misses on Android, and a newish AdGuard VPN that is really inexpensive now on StackSocial:

Deal here: AdGuard Family Plan: Lifetime Subscription | StackSocial - $29.99 vs $65.88 - current discount on Adguards site.

Freebee Tool Here: Vanced Manager 2.6.0 - Install Official YouTube Vanced Easily!

And, I haven't tried it yet, AdGuard VPN is a new Service for Adguard - probably great from some locations but not from others The deals through StackSocial for 1 year, 3 year, and 5 year for 5 device licenses are kinda hard to pass up, I'll try out the VPN trial later myself.

AdGuard VPN: 5-Yr Subscription | StackSocial

I hope these tools, should you try them, help improve your computer/phone/tablet experience as much as they have mine. :)
Check slickdeals and search for Etymotics. You'll find that various Etymotic IEMs have been on and off sale at Adorama now for months and months. Occasionally Amazon price matches them.
Adorama has a constant flow of deals for a number (all?) Etymotic products there:
Shop Etymotic Research Products Online - Adorama

And, the same for many Hifiman Headphones, if you remember to try adding "?emailprice=t" to the end of the product URL:

HiFiMan HE-560 V4 Premium Planar Magnetic Headphones HE560V4 (adorama.com) - $249 instead of $899

There may be others now and in the future many are waiting for the Hifiman HE6SE V2 return in August - with perhaps another discount to $699.
---------------

Update: Wow!, found a quick and easy fix to the Windows Lag I was still seeing - probably due to the recent Windows Updates.

Here is the command to run (as Administrator):
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Found here:
How to Fix Keyboard Input Lag in Windows 10 (thegeekpage.com)

Last edited:

Buy them from Adorama for 130 USD right now.

https://www.adorama.com/etyer4xr.ht...fQwQyYMUkBwZryduSEMSU0&utm_source=rflaid62905

JanesJr1

Thanks for the tip. I thought of Adorama for cameras that were not mislabeled grey market items, not the lowest price. Today, the ER4's are $300, so no deal now, but I'll check other stuff later. I see they have lots of audio, which I didn't know.

JanesJr1

JanesJr1

JanesJr1

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the tip. I thought of Adorama for cameras that were not mislabeled grey market items, not the lowest price. Today, the ER4's are $300, so no deal now, but I'll check other stuff later. I see they have lots of audio, which I didn't know.

Always check using the links from Slickdeals. If you just search on the Adorama site, you will not get the sale price.

Seeing_Red

Kachda

Forum Donor
Anker today is hosting a Gold Box deal on Amazon, including sales that reach up to 43 percent off original prices. Like other Gold Box sales, this one will only last for one day, so be sure to check out the deals below before they expire later today.

anker-june-17.jpg
How is this audio related?

Top Bottom