• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio Sointuva

More pics from mine assembling and measurements of (very low) distortion.

image003.png
image002.png
marcenaria.jpg
crossover.jpg

Mine are these dark brown called Tasmanian Blackwood. Of course they are still unfinished, they will get "several coats of wax oil, so will deepen in colour and lustre".

Mine are these dark brown called Tasmanian Blackwood. Of course they are still unfinished, they will get "several coats of wax oil, so will deepen in colour and lustre".
90% sure it is one of the variants of Osmo, as that is pretty heavily used in the area, and by the shop that does the cabinettes.
It is pretty good stuff, and I have been using it in floors, baseboards/skirtingbords and various projects.
osmo-3044.jpg

Reactions: SCR
90% sure it is one of the variants of Osmo, as that is pretty heavily used in the area, and by the shop that does the cabinettes.
It is pretty good stuff, and I have been using it in floors, baseboards/skirtingbords and various projects.
osmo-3044.jpg
I asked Alan what he uses when I ordered mine and he said Osmo Clear Satin

I asked Alan what he uses when I ordered mine and he said Osmo Clear Satin
It is good to know.

Polyurethane is much tougher, but on the floor, if say one gets a scratch… then the whole floor needs to be resanded.
With the Osmo, you hit the scratch with some ~180, and do a touchup… so it is much more friendly for addressing minor detritus and patina… if one is anal about those things.

Speaker probably do not get a lot of wear, or at least they should not be walked on.

The puppy was doing a lot of slides on the floor, but she now does the high-G turns mainly using the rugs.
She prefers sand generally.

IMG_7477.jpeg

The puppy was doing a lot of slides on the floor, but she now does the high-G turns mainly using the rugs.

Our ~55kg Bernese Mountain dog blasts through the house like a front row forward and has pretty much wrecked the timber floor trying vainly to gain traction with his claws. Anything he runs into comes off second best. I figure, when he passes, I'll have the whole floor sanded and refinished. He's just a big goof, can't wait to say hello. Every morning it's like he hasn't seen you for months when I let him in from the back deck.

Hi Matias, I ordered a pair in Tasmanian Blackwood so I'm guessing the other set in your photo are for me. Nice to see a photo!

Cheers, Steve

The other set is too red, I think it is another wood for another customer then.

Hi Matias, I ordered a pair in Tasmanian Blackwood so I'm guessing the other set in your photo are for me. Nice to see a photo!

Cheers, Steve
It’s always tempting for their look but the saying that hard wood moving would have problems with time and humidity swings… that’s what always holding me back a bit

Mine are finished and ready to ship! They look gorgeous!! :D

Sointuva AWG in Tasmanian Blackwood.

Compress_20231110_154506_6931.jpg
Compress_20231110_154507_7069.jpg
Compress_20231110_154507_7265.jpg
Compress_20231110_154507_7448.jpg
Compress_20231110_154507_7592.jpg

I'd love to see official measurements for these and the ukkonen on the website. It still says measurements are coming Soon™

I'd love to see official measurements for these and the ukkonen on the website. It still says measurements are coming Soon™
It's on his forum already. I guess he is too busy to update the website, or maybe waiting for the inventory of the previous woofer drivers to end.

Absolutely great looking and sounding speakers, for early adopters with real wood, anyone could comment did wood movement affect it or it’s fine after a year or so?

Back
Top Bottom