• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio Sointuva AWG Bookshelf Speaker Review by ERIN's Audio Corner

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ouch, this is painful to see. Hopefully the chassis will get replaced soon.

janbth

It's nice to see my speakers here.

If it helps, I'm writing my first reply after signing up.

I ordered these speakers on 5/8/22 from March Audio. Here are the notes I requested when I placed the order.

"RAL 5011, steel blue matte painted front panel finish with Wandoo wood enclosure like D&D C8 enclosure.(the waveguide can be black)"

These speakers are beautiful to look at and have great measurement data, but I had a some of issues with the opened binding posts and HOD(High-Order Distortion) when I first received them.
Since then, the speaker has been used primarily behind a soundscreen, with the exception of once a year when it was allowed to come out of the soundscreen to oil the wooden enclosure.

I recently took it out for oiling and discovered that the wooden enclosure was cracking, so I stopped using these speakers.
I will be contacting the manufacturer to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Photo 1. Cracked speakers
Photo 2. My soundscreen environment
Photo 3. Sointuva after oiling last winter
That’s one serious crack! Please keep us informed.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I've followed up earlier today, but at this point I'm not expecting much.

Just call March Audio? (check the time/day from wherever you are so you don't wake him in the middle of the night)

1714168570617.png

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I recently took it out for oiling and discovered that the wooden enclosure was cracking, so I stopped using these speakers.
I will be contacting the manufacturer to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

See here:

Make sure you keep this thread updated.

Waddles

Just call March Audio? (check the time/day from wherever you are so you don't wake him in the middle of the night)

View attachment 366042
I have done, a few times.
I sent the original email on the 10th of April. A few days later I left a message on the phone number on the website. I've heard nothing but silence.
I always just get the answering machine, and yeah, I left a message but didn't hear back. First call was two weeks ago now.

Top Bottom