• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magnat Transpuls 1500

Flaesh

live very close to Russia and I have heard a lot of praise from Russians about these speakers. Maybe it is influenced by the Russian hard bass mentality
LOL! Who are these people? Several young rastamans and one old emigrant in Germany named Stump flooded in all forums. Cheap pseudovintage for hipsters or for elderly melomans who have fallen into childhood.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Old thread, I know, but I just came across this Transpuls 1500 "review" so I started researching them and found this thread. Seems like these speakers have been around in Europe for a long time, but are only now reaching the US. They certainly have that retro appeal. Robinson seems to be raving about them, but without any measurements, this is of limited value. And based on what I've read in this thread, they may be far from neutral. Cool to look at. Maybe OK as garage speakers?

What amp is that?

cristian83

View attachment 59474

Ecco il filtro in uno degli altoparlanti.

Durante ''la cosa'' non ho niente di meglio da fare. Quindi li sto smontando. Proverò a fare un video del processo.
Buona sera Malis.Mi piacerebbe sapere se qualcuo ha lo schema elettrico del crossover delle magnat.Io le ho comprate un'anno fa ese devo essere sincero non mi sono piaciute piu di tanto per via dei medi un po troppo indietro. limite di questi diffusori,oltre che alla manch di robustezza del box,s proprio i crossover fatti con componenti scadenti. con risultati aggiungere poco pazzeschi.Ho anche sentito il video su you tube e vi garantisco che sembrano completamente altri diffusori.Volevo sapere se qualcuno di voi e' riuscito a ricavarne lo schema elettrico.
saluti

RacerCG

What amp is that?
Pioneer SX-780 receiver. He mentions it in the video, and has a video about its restoration and upgrade process. I have its little brother, the SX-680, and it's still going strong despite never having been serviced. :)

Robinson's video about the receiver:

The restoration video:

Enjoy!

drianhodgson

I do realize that I am responding to an old thread and it is in response to the crossover network picture shown.

These are very poor quality, sand cast resistors, electrolytic capacitors, etc - no wonder they sound poor with mid range troughs.

I would be very surprised if the cabinets were even remotely decent quality since making non-ringing cabinets without drivers or crossovers would no doubt cost more than 600 Euro's ..... done properly of course.

Cheap tat.........

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I do realize that I am responding to an old thread and it is in response to the crossover network picture shown.

These are very poor quality, sand cast resistors, electrolytic capacitors, etc - no wonder they sound poor with mid range troughs.
Uh huh.

0xDEAD BEEF

Here I have recreated Transpuls 1500 crossover in LT Spice. I will modify it to work with digital crossover and post amplitude and phase measurements later.
1661317774974.png

0xDEAD BEEF

Here is measurement. I completely removed sub section (L3, C2) and trimmed middle section by removing C1, L1 and C3. As can be seen this raised low amplitude but this now can be easily corrected by lowering low section amplitude in digital crossover (Onkyo TX-NR5010). I did some experimenting with moving back / forth low / high section but not with good success so please pay little attention to phase graph - there is too much room effect.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-25 212850.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-25 212850.png
    116 KB · Views: 186

SONDEKNZ

Our real MAGNATS... ;)

MAGNAT All-Ribbon 6, 3-way, Sealed-box from late 1980s.

SUPERB!

MAGNAT ALL-RIBBON 6 GRILL OFF WITH LP.JPG

D

Deleted member 48726

1200 USD is very expensive for what you get, looking at the drivers and crossover. But they look very cool.

I think of cheap car audio stuff when I see Magnat logo. This fit the bill perfectly I guess.

Cougar

Now I'm going from memory but wasn't there some Car Speaker with that same name around late 70's to Early 80's? They were around when Concord was still making cassette decks for the cars.

D

Deleted member 48726

Now I'm going from memory but wasn't there some Car Speaker with that same name around late 70's to Early 80's? They were around when Concord was still making cassette decks for the cars.
That's true. They existed into the nineties and 00's. I had experience with their products in car audio. Well priced mid-tier stuff.

blazen2150

i own the monitor supreme 2002 and i think they sound great, much fuller sound than klipsch rp280f. Most of the cost usually go into the woofers not the enclosure or crossover. But if one would replace the caps with good equality ones, wouldn't that make for a better sounding speaker?

Attachments

• 20240220_120548-2.jpg
    20240220_120548-2.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom