• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

M-Audi BX4s

Deckard86

Good Afternoon,

I'm no DJ nor have any idea about mixing, however, I bought my first pair of monitor speakers (bx4's) and they are tonally different from anything I've heard before, so much so they aren't a pleasure to listen to as they cause ear fatigue.

The aim was to use them for music and gaming. I have tried adjusting the treble and bass knobs up and down but nothing really works. Without getting into the technical aspects I was wondering if anyone could recommend an Equaliser that was free to use and what settings achieve a more enjoyable sound.

*I'm fully aware everyone's hearing is different but I'm at a loss and am trying anything I can.

Many thanks,
Deckard

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had BX4s in the past. Horrible speakers. Your hearing is fine.

Review of the BX3 which is a different model. You can see however the makers of this did a terrible job.

Better suggestion to you is sell them or return them if you still can. Try some JBL LSR 305's. Terrific monitors.

Top Bottom