• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Let's talk about food!

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Uwajimaya - they know me; the one in Bellevue.

iridium.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Tonight I ate at Gordon Ramsay's luxury "pub" in Vegas.

First time I've ever dropped $100/head for pub food before.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Tonight I ate at Gordon Ramsay's luxury "pub" in Vegas.

First time I've ever dropped $100/head for pub food before.
image.jpeg

The parsley was Gordon's idea..

Nightlord

That japanese beef looked good. :p

Not sure I can add much to this thread, my diet is probably a bit too restrictive for you guys to enjoy it ( no, or close to no, carbs )

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
And the craziness with hot food continues:

I have had a version of this. A bowl full of peppers. Relative to all that you see, it is not as crazy hot but what he got is insane.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
That is awesome Amir; that video, that happy guy, all that spicy food, ...everything, including his huge appetite and how he survived it.

Man, can this guy eat or hot!

I like hot food myself, and I would like to eat there and speak the tongue too.

@ ten minutes into the video he is in pain, internally, mouth and brain, he is burning inside. And a moment later a spicy girl joined him, but she can handle this small stuff that this guy cannot. Lol

Ronm1

Hot is good but hurting hot is not. Flavor becomes muted and lost what a waste. It's like a dark roast with coffee, just for the sake of it. What a waste, though I did enjoy the video.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
If spicy super hot food makes you cry and sends you to the hospital by ambulance, 911, it's better to eat @ the ice cream parlor with exotic flavors and Eskimo women in black lingerie, or red.

Ron, with a dark roast a dry red wine from Argentina. Like that roast (brisket) pictured above.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That is awesome Amir; that video, that happy guy, all that spicy food, ...everything, including his huge appetite and how he survived it.

Man, can this guy eat or hot!

I like hot food myself, and I would like to eat there and speak the tongue too.

@ ten minutes into the video he is in pain, internally, mouth and brain, he is burning inside. And a moment later a spicy girl joined him, but she can handle this small stuff that this guy cannot. Lol
Hi Bob. It is a good view. He is Canadian Bob and lives in China. That girl I believe is his wife.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Hi Bob. It is a good view. He is Canadian Bob and lives in China. That girl I believe is his wife.

I sure enjoyed his jovial and super friendly style.
And the fact that he can communicate with the people of China (his wife) is a huge asset. That was an excellent video to watch, 100%

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hot is good but hurting hot is not. Flavor becomes muted and lost what a waste. It's like a dark roast with coffee, just for the sake of it. What a waste, though I did enjoy the video.
Sichuan peppers actually have tons of flavor. I was amazed I could eat out of a full bowl like his except in oil! If this had been Tai peppers and such it would have been hell.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
And the fact that he can communicate with the people of China (his wife) is a huge asset. That was an excellent video to watch, 100%
There is a talent some people have that it makes it so attractive to watch them eat. He has that.

He is also lucky to be married to a local which then gives him inside access to culture and food. I get that when I go to Japan and it is an entirely different thing than when I eat without a Japanese with me.

Here is his latest video. Not as good as the last one but he has another insanely spicy food at the end (near 12:00)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have been to Robatayaki in Japan (the best one in Ginza). It is an incredible experience. But one of the most expensive meals I have had :). Without drinks I think my bill was $200. Good go go with a professional colleague where they expense it. :)

Top Bottom