• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Let's talk about food!

Ronm1

That sushi order belted to your seat is guite interesting. Course it helps to know what in heavens name one is ordering.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I watched few more food videos yesterday, from the same author and also from others. There are so many of them, and almost all worth watching.
The thing I like much much less are the comments when our author is accompanied with an attractive young Chinese food tester...the art of culinary cuisine. So I don't read the comments from all those idiots. The author I'm sure must be thinking the same as I.
____

Extra:

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last night I stumbled upon this article, now renewed:
http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/food-...ef-andre-chiang-gives-back-michelin-stars-and

Other chefs who also remitted their Michelin stars:
http://www.straitstimes.com/lifesty...ther-chefs-who-gave-back-their-michelin-stars

Haute cuisine is a special art...the art of taste...food...and everything around it...presentation, dance, movements, dressings, clothing, candles, glass, ceramic, pottery, flowers, white birds flying up into the blue sky below the white clouds and the yellow sun and with graciousness.

One of my favorite animated flicks is . . . Ratatouille.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The best Fried Chicken I remember having came from this place:

upload_2017-10-21_4-26-24.png

I don't remember it being exorbitantly priced.

Ronm1

What a strange pairing for roe

NorthSky

Major Contributor

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:

Ronm1

Milton's multigrain toasted
Blueberry preserve
Banana
Peanut butter

Creamy on one slice. Slather on preserve place sliced potassium on preserve, crunchy on the other cover and attack.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I've become fond of little Asian (?) bananas...

Grew some here, about as long as your big finger but fatter, with a very thin skin.

Firm inside even when the outside has gone black, much longer shelf life than what gets sold at the grocery store (Cavendish).

Maybe this:

"Manzano This variety, native to Central and South America, belongs to a subcategory known as apple bananas, and the name fits. The texture of a Manzano is firmer than that of the Cavendish, and the scent is complex, marked by a strong tart-apple aroma. The taste, too, is tart—at least when you first bite into the fruit, whose flavor quickly gives way to sweetness. Though you can sometimes find Manzanos at supermarkets, Asian specialty stores are your best bet."

Like these:

https://www.producemarketguide.com/produce/bananas/manzano-bananas

manzano-banana_variety-page.png

Top Bottom